First Time Bully Owner Here

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
Hello! We adopted a senior bully from a rescue organization several months ago. His name is "Handsome". A friend who's also a member here, insisted that I come here and see what all the hoopla of EBN is, so here I am!

Can't wait to look around! The website looks great. :yes:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This is a fabulous site, and soon to you will be addicted like the rest of us, how old is Handsome (I love the name) and YEA for you for adopting a senior!!! You have got to get some pictures posted we will all want to see them. And lastly WELCOME!!! I see you live in Fl. I live in Bradenton Fl. the summer heat sure plays a part on our bully's!! Vegas is loving the cooler weather!
P.S. I just looked at your profile and seen his picture and he sure is a Handsome boy!!

Last edited:
OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
I just had to resize my avatar, but here he is now. lol We don't have his exact age of course, but he's estimated at 7+. We think he's around 9 though because he's hard of hearing, doesn't see very well, and is incontinent. Pretty much all the old people ailments. lol Handsome loves laying in the sun during the day to soak up those warming rays since the cool weather is here. We've had him inside for most of the time we've had him because of the prior heat, so yes, the weather is definitely more dog-friendly right now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well Handsome is very very handsome if you ask me! Very glad you joined us, and tell your friend a thank you from us for inviting you here!

I saw you have a goldfish website, looks nice!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is perfect!! I think he looks great. What do you do about the incontienence?

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
Oh my....gonna be picking up my jaw constantly I see from the looks of all these adorable bully pics! lol I just wanna hug and kiss them!

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
What do you do about the incontienence?

Well, during the day if he's inside, he has to be watched 24/7. If he needs to go out, he stands at the door, and if he's not let out in a couple of minutes, he leaves a nice, not so little puddle to clean up. Doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms have to be shut, because if he finds a rug, he'll pee on it.

If he's outside, he has a doggy house to go into, but believe it or not, as long as nothing furry or soft is in it, he will go in the grass to do his thing. But if I put anything in his dog house that's too comfy, he will pee right on it and then lay in it. This was just discovered recently of course, since he had been inside for the majority of the last few months.

At night, he sleeps inside of course with the other doggies (we also have a GSD and Fila Mastiff) but in a crate with several soft towels. He wears a diaper then. I don't keep him in a diaper during the day because I don't want him to smell like urine all the time, or get any "bed sores".

It's a full time job. Not fun, believe me. lol He's been cleared for medical issues. Our vet says we need to teach him to ring a bell on the front door when he wants to go out, so that he doesn't have to be watched so closely when he's inside. We're still looking for a bell. You wouldn't think they'd be that hard to find!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well hello TM! And Welcome Handsome. :) Glad to see you here too.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome!! Love the tongue, he sure IS Handsome! I wonder if you could use a string of "jingle bells" at the door? Seems like they'd be easy to find this time of year.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hey Tracey,,,,,, glad you found your way here!! ;) You HAVE to post that pic of Handsome and his furry friends that you used on your Christmas card.... it's PRICELESS!

It's ALL your fault that Lari and I are here you know? If it wasnt for you getting Handsome we probably wouldn't have gotten Gracie when we did. :p Remember your 'Talk Me Out Of It' thread???? :bust:

If any of you all want to read about Fancy Goldfish check out AquaPuppies.com

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
Hi Bruce and Lari! OMG Lari, that pic of Gracie in your avatar is adorable. So many holidays, so little time to buy all those coordinating outfits. lol Yep, well you know Bruce, I was being totally sarcastic with the, "talk me out of it". Amazing how many took that literally. ;) Should'a called it, "just try and talk me out of it if you dare" instead. lol

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Welcome Handsome..... your are a very handsome boy...you will enjoy this site...

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
he sure does own up to his name!!! welcome to the site if you have any questions just ask... o and i love his huge tongue!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.