Hello from california

Jules1

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cherry
Hello!
I've enjoyed reading about everyone's experience with English Bulldogs. I inherited a sweet girl from my landlord who couldn't keep her. She is 6 years old and we have been together a bit over a year. I never knew how much I could love a dog!
i am looking to expand our family and would love input from experienced Bulldog owners. Suggestions have been made that perhaps a male would be a better fit with my girl. She is spayed and just turned 6. She's usually very laid back but she doe have a tendency to rule the roost when other dogs are around. She will nip at them a bit and then eventually get tired of it. I am guessing that a docile male would be the best bet but I am really hoping for expert advice. I think she would really love a companion. She does enjoy other dogs but it just seems she likes to clarify from the get go that she is the boss.
Any thoughts?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, looking forward to pics of your sweet bully girl.

Yes, in my opinion, a mellow male will be ideal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome, very nice to meet you. Yes I agree if she's bossy a boy would be a better fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.... yes, a younger male, under a year of age is best.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: Happy to have you join, I agree a male would be best.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: I am so glad you joined us! I would love to add another bully to our house, but Mabel is a bit more than bossy! Good luck in your search!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to our crazy world. I have a bossy female as well that came out of the womb loud and pushy . when I brought her home at 8 weeks I was worried that Arnold would hurt her. Silly me! She not only stood her ground to my 10 month old big boy but took over the house immediately. I am not exaggerating, lol. Nothing has changed now that they are 2 and 3 (almost). If he has a toy, she wants it even if she has the same toy in her mouth.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
:hiya: and :welcome2:, I'd also go for a younger male or if you have the option to maybe adopt a bulldog so you can bring Cherry and see how they go together a few times before committing:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.