Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My first Bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by joshray View Post
    We just got our first bulldog too. Charlie is only 9 weeks old, and I'm hoping he figures out how to stand at the back door by the time he's 12 weeks.
    You may get lucky but you may not as well. If you follow the mantra around here he will get it sooner rather than later but it is a lot of hard work and nights with a lot less sleep. Take him out every 2 hours day and night. After playing napping and eating as well. Following this will help as pup can generally only hold it for 1 hour per month of age and as they get older the longer between outings.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

I kept bugging my husband for a baby, so he went and did some research and decided to get me a english bulldog. I was happy with that choice and decided I would start bugging in another year for a baby. Tank (my english bulldog) was such a handful And I was about to get rid of him if he didn't get out of his puppy stage fast! All the chewing and pooping and cleaning up after him was something I had to get used to.. Now he is 8 months old and he is my baby and I love him to death and NEVER could get rid of him, even when he runs full force to jump on me from across the room. Oh and did I mention I was 8 months pregnant.. Lol. So I will have two baby's (super excited).. I should tell you though when I came home today from work he had tore up my brand new rug!! It takes a very special person to own a english bulldog. I would never own another dog though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    You may get lucky but you may not as well. If you follow the mantra around here he will get it sooner rather than later but it is a lot of hard work and nights with a lot less sleep. Take him out every 2 hours day and night. After playing napping and eating as well. Following this will help as pup can generally only hold it for 1 hour per month of age and as they get older the longer between outings.
    We've been trying to stick to this routine, except for the nights - he has made it through the nights without any problems as long as we let him out around 11-12 before we go to bed. We've also tried to keep him in our laundry room when no one can watch him. It has tile floors and nothing he can damage so it's become his little den. He has some toys and blankets in there, and just curls right up on his bed when I take him in. It keeps him out of trouble (eating shoes, cords, wrappers, tablets, crayons, and anything else my kids leave on the ground) when we can't give him all of our attention.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by joshray View Post
    We've been trying to stick to this routine, except for the nights - he has made it through the nights without any problems as long as we let him out around 11-12 before we go to bed. We've also tried to keep him in our laundry room when no one can watch him. It has tile floors and nothing he can damage so it's become his little den. He has some toys and blankets in there, and just curls right up on his bed when I take him in. It keeps him out of trouble (eating shoes, cords, wrappers, tablets, crayons, and anything else my kids leave on the ground) when we can't give him all of our attention.
    Thats good. We got lucky as well and by 12 weeks Harlea was sleeping tbrough the night. Be careful when he is in the laundry room. He may not be able to get to cords and stuff but bullies like to eat just about anything and there are stories on here about them eating door molding, doors and sheetrock.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Quote Originally Posted by emilyrenee321 View Post
    I kept bugging my husband for a baby, so he went and did some research and decided to get me a english bulldog. I was happy with that choice and decided I would start bugging in another year for a baby. Tank (my english bulldog) was such a handful And I was about to get rid of him if he didn't get out of his puppy stage fast! All the chewing and pooping and cleaning up after him was something I had to get used to.. Now he is 8 months old and he is my baby and I love him to death and NEVER could get rid of him, even when he runs full force to jump on me from across the room. Oh and did I mention I was 8 months pregnant.. Lol. So I will have two baby's (super excited).. I should tell you though when I came home today from work he had tore up my brand new rug!! It takes a very special person to own a english bulldog. I would never own another dog though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1388449792-614728-jpg
    An here is our bundle of joy now climbing on his mom LoL

2013 obsession lethal force 2
    2009 elite GT500

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads