Monica Walters Cox

Dec 11, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordo
Hi, I'm Monica, mom to Gordo!

Gordo will be 5 in about a week. He's from Slovakia...we adopted him while stationed in Germany, so you could say he's a world traveler. We are his third (and final) family and we're so lucky to have him!

In April we lost Gordo's older brother, Max (American bulldog/boxer mix) to liver disease. What an absolutely heartbreaking experience. Gordo seemed a little lost at first, but he's adjusting to being an only child (other than our actual children, of course...ha ha!).

Being a Bully owner has definitely been an experience. While living in Germany, we could always take Gordo outside without a leash...he would stay by our side in the yard and come when called...no worries! Then we moved to central Pennsylvania...Amish country. What do we have in Amish country? Horses. Guess what we found out Gordo likes to chase? Needless to say, Gordo is leashless no more! I once had to literally straddle his body with my arms around his neck to keep him from lunging after a horse that was clip-clopping down the road. I'm sure the neighbors loved that one.

I'm glad I've found a forum with other English bulldog owners. There aren't many in my area. My husband has been trying to find Gordo a lady-friend, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. We would love to have a baby Gordo, I think! Looking forward to meeting other Bully families!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to EBN! Glad to have you here. We look forward to seeing pictures of your baby! You will enjoy this site!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and PA... I am in eastern PA, just north-west of Philly.

Happy you found us and hope to see pictures of Gordo

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of Gordo.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Welcome to EBN! I can't wait to see some pics. *hint hint*

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, Monica & Gordo, you will enjoy it very much here.

We are all about bulldogs but we are more, we are FAMILY.

My condolences on your loss of Max especially to disease :(

Please join us in the conversations~GOD bless!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would LOVE to see some pics of Gordo…
I too was stationed in Germany w/my hubby in the early 90s. We lived in Darmstadt, right outside of Frankfurt… I so miss Germany at Christmastime!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to you and Gordo. We really like pictures here. :whistle: Enjoy EBN it is the best.

AbbyTheBulldog

Oct 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
For some reason the pictures of Gordo aren't displaying on my browser. I am at a loss. I have tried refreshing the thread multiple times, but the pics aren't displaying. I have even tried rebooting my PC, but still no pics. Looks like I am going to have to re-install Windows, so the pictures will load.

Just kidding!

I too, was stationed in Germany, 2007 to 2009 (Baumholder). Welcome to the forum.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: Gordon sounds like quite a character! Chasing horses? :rofl: I can't wait to see pictures. I will tag someone who can help.
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hello and Welcome!
I used to live in Harrisburg and have visited Darmstadt and Frankfort Germany.
So glad you made it to the site! Can't wait to see pictures!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hello and Welcome!
I used to live in Harrisburg and have visited Darmstadt and Frankfort Germany.
So glad you made it to the site! Can't wait to see pictures!!

No way!!! I used to live in Darmstadt, and we were always going to Frankfurt!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Ha ha ha. I have a friend that was from Germany and at the time (Oct 2006) was living in Darmstadt and took me on a tour of Frankfurt. Darmstadt is a beautiful ... town, city...? I had a blast in Germany and can't wait to get back there.

how did you like it?

OMG, did I just "hijack" this thread? Please forgive me

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.