New Member - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Brucesmom

Dec 6, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hello bully lovers. New member from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Found this place while looking up ideas for extreme cold and bulldogs. We're in a cold snap (currently -42C windchill which is -43F for our American friends). Our bully is Bruce, he is currently four months old and is hating the cold. He will not go out to the bathroom in it. Any advise for keeping a bully warm so he doesn't make in the house?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hello and welcome! I've seen pics of all the snow in Calgary right now and just wondered how all the bullies are doing!

As for the cold, one of my guys is in the same boat, he hates it! We coax him out with treats or a stick. Once he's outside, he's pretty much good to go and would quickly do his business and run back in. If there's a lot of snow, we'd shovel a path for them to roam around. It's really neat how they follow it and not venture outside the lines.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:welcome:to EBN!!

No advice for you re. the snow as I'm from So Cal where it's always :sunny:, but you are bound to get tons of great advice from other peeps here. Glad you found us!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and I don't blame them for not wanting to go out there, I wouldn't either. Have you seen the coats from Froggy Mountain dog coat company? they are a good quality coat. Google Froggy Mountain Dog Coat to find their web site.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
-43 degrees! Buster and I are freezing at 43. I too think that coaxing him with treats would help. :welcome:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: :coldout:

I live in Arizona so I won't be much help, but wanted to say :hiya:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: and :welcome3: to EBN .... so glad you found us.

My girl has no issues with going out in the weather, not so much with the rain, but everything else she is just fine with, BUT our Frenchie HATES cold, snow and rain -- until he is out there. We coax him with a treat or since he is small we pick him up and take him out. Once you get them out they will just do what they have to do and then run like lightening back to the door, at least that is what Chelios does D

Members online

No members online now.