Devastated....

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
Well, I thought I had found my English Bulldog, which is my dream dog.. everything was a go, BUT when I got there to pick her up, the owner "changed their mind". I'm really heartbroken, but I will continue my search. I know "MY" dog is out there... ;)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG… I'm so so very sorry to hear this. Did you already put a deposit down on the pup? We had a litter last Dec, and I can't even imagine doing this to someone… especially if things were a go for awhile. I'm sure that you will find another baby soon, just a shame to put you thru this heartache...:(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Dont give up i believe that things happen for a reason ;-) i hope you found your dream bully soon
Ps have you checked rescue threads? There might be one waiting for you xx

OP
M

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] - She was not a puppy (21 months old). I live 2 couple of hours away so did not put a deposit.
@ Pati Robins - I believe that, too.
..I've just printed an adoption form for one of the rescues & will be sending that in - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you, and you didn't get your bully. It must have been really disappointing, and sad for you that she changed her mind. Why was she selling a 21 month old dog? Did she not want the dog anymore? It's not very nice that she made you drive 2 hours to tell you she had changed her mind. It makes me think, the dog would have been better with you, but like I agree with Pati, sometimes things happen for a reason, and you will find your perfect bully, and he or she will be so lucky to have you. I hope you are successful in your application to adopt a rescue. You are awesome for saving a bully baby. Please keep us posted, and share your pictures when you get your baby. Good luck

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, I'm so sorry this happened to you :( Maybe if you can tell us which state you are from we can point you in the direction of some bullies needing home :)

OP
M

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
I am in North Central Florida (Ocala/Gainesville area).

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I agree 100% that everything happens for a reason no matter how hard it hurts at the time. It hurts in the moment but the payoff is always worth it!! Hang in there!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When the time is right you will have your baby. Definitely check the rescues. I think you will have great luck there.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
oh i'm sorry!! I can say I have been right there with you!! Was on my way less than a few miles from the lady's house, had my son with me b/c I had just talked to her letting her know we were on our way, so I told my 5yr old we were getting a dog, When I got to her house she came out and said they changed their mind, my poor child was in tears!! However I think there was a reason, and once again it happend, we were walking out our door to meet for ollie, then the lady texted saying she just can't get rid of him, ok bummer again! Well 2 days later she texted me asking if i was still interested b/c she had given him to another lady that morning and it wasn't working out with her dogs, so she gave me that lady's number! Needless to say we got Ollie, but I believe everything played out that way for a reason!! Keep your chin up I know its hard, but you will meet your match when the time is right!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so sorry, that's heartbreaking. We all have our fingers crossed that you will find the bully of your dreams.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: your baby is out there waiting for you! It will happen

OP
M

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
I got a bully today!! I was so upset last night but I guess it all worked out
erehe9y2.jpg

They were calling her Lola-but I am going to come up w/ something else. I was told that sh's just over a year old
u8ypa5yt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
She's cute! Is she from the same breeder?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awesome...yes, she's the one meant for you :)

Such a pretty girl too, looking forward to plenty of pics
and stories~GOD bless y'all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.