Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Hi there,

Walter is on your Bulldogs Available for Adoption Page (and shows as adopted). My husband I adopted him in September. We love him to bits and can't believe it's been almost three months since he's come into our home! HIS forever home!

He is doing AWESOME. He is so dang adorable and he gets attention everywhere we go. Here are some pics of his life now. He has two beds - one of which is a memory foam mattress LOL, but he loves to steal towels after they get out of the dryer and lay on them and he has stayed in his first hotel (check him out on the bunk bed sleeping away - he got himself up there in his kid's suite)! He loved it. He also LOVES his toys. Especially his black kong ball and tug of war rope. Tug of war is his favorite game. Just wanted everyone to know that he is our special guy and he brings us smiles and laughter each day.

Disclaimer: In the photo with the red sunglasses, he had that rawhide bone for two days. At the time I wasn't educated on the dangers they pose. After I found out, I immediately threw it away. He has a nylabone now (and I am researching the safety of deer antler bones - I just think the photo is cute, so I kept it).

brotherfromanothermother.gifleg.jpgroad trip.jpgshades.jpgattentionplease.jpgKIMG0561.jpgKIMG0150.jpgWalter2.jpgWalterCollage.jpgWhaddayaGotDere.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0058.jpg
    KIMG0058.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Congrats!! Walter is a handsome bully. Glad he found a loving home.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awwwww sweet Walter, bless you for adopting him, he looks so happy in his fur-ever home, and he is so handsome. I noticed in one of the pics, he had a raw hide bone. They are bad for bullies and can kill them. They are chocking hazards and can also tear up their intestines. I'm sure you didn't know this, but that's what's so great about this forum, as we all share info. Also welcome to the site, we are so glad you joined us. [MENTION=10352]Heather Wilson[/MENTION]

OP
Heather Wilson

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Awwwww sweet Walter, bless you for adopting him, he looks so happy in his fur-ever home, and he is so handsome. I noticed in one of the pics, he had a raw hide bone. They are bad for bullies and can kill them. They are chocking hazards and can also tear up their intestines. I'm sure you didn't know this, but that's what's so great about this forum, as we all share info. Also welcome to the site, we are so glad you joined us. @Heather Wilson

Hi Davidh. Yes, I did learn this and we no longer give him those AT ALL. Ice cubes are his treat now LOL. He also has a Nylabone, but I'd like to try the deer antler bones (which are expensive, but I hear safe and good).

I will put a disclaimer on that picture. He didn't even finish that bone. He had it two days when I found out about the danger, felt awful and threw it away.

Thank you again. And yes, he is such a handsome boy! :)

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Such a happy ending to Walter's story, thank you for giving him a
safe & loving home. His joy is obvious :) and he is so handsome!

Welcome to EBN, we're happy you & Walter have joined us.

GOD bless & favor you & yours!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Davidh. Yes, I did learn this and we no longer give him those AT ALL. Ice cubes are his treat now LOL. He also has a Nylabone, but I'd like to try the deer antler bones (which are expensive, but I hear safe and good).

I will put a disclaimer on that picture. He didn't even finish that bone. He had it two days when I found out about the danger, felt awful and threw it away.

We all learn new things every day, it's what you do with that
knowledge...doing the right thing and sharing it with others
is a wonderful thang!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Walter is a very handsome boy-and a very LUCKY one to have a wonderful family who gave him a home. We can certainly see that he is quite happy and content!

OP
Heather Wilson

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Thank you all! He has a vet appointment the 26th. We got him pet insurance, too. :)

He is neutered and has a microchip.

Right now he has some cysts in between his toes. I am giving him apple cider vinegar daily and he is on Fromm dog food (beef vegetable fritatta - which eliminated his gas woo hoo)!

Is there any type of checklist I should go over with his vet? Thank you in advance!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all! He has a vet appointment the 26th. We got him pet insurance, too. :)

He is neutered and has a microchip.

Right now he has some cysts in between his toes. I am giving him apple cider vinegar daily and he is on Fromm dog food (beef vegetable fritatta - which eliminated his gas woo hoo)!

Is there any type of checklist I should go over with his vet? Thank you in advance!

Heather, I've not dwelt w/those (luckily) but there are some excellent articles
on these and treating them as well as prevention in the Forum sections.

Let us know the vet report~Good luck & GOD bless!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN Heather & Walter!!! Warms my heart to read this story, so thankful that you rescued him!!! EBN has the best people on here to ask questions regarding your baby… looks like he's spoiled already ;)

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I am so happy for you and Walter!! :) He is adorable!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi! Thats so exciting about you guys adopting him. He looks super happy! And he is a total cutie too :) Cant wait to see more pics!

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Bless you and your family for adopting this handsome boy. He looks as though he knows this one is the one that'll stick.

Congrats to you and Walter. Rescuing a Bully is about the best thing I've ever done!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
AWE look how happy that baby is!!! Such a happy ending....Welcome to you Heather and Walter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online