Crystal and Pepper Potts

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Hello. I am Crystal and I am a brand new Bully owner. I've become about immediately obsessed, which is a neat trick for an Animal Control Officer who sees a ton of animals a day. May I share my Pepper's story?

I live with my husband, 19 month old daughter and a pair of neutered male cats, Amos and Nikolai. We've been a happy little family, but when the missing piece walks in, well, its hard to say no.

Her name was originally Lulu. Her former owner came into the shelter to report a loose dog and we started to talk. Of course, an English Bulldog always gets compliments, so I took a photo of her to show my husband. He is from Atlanta and is a HUGE UGA fan. Go Dawgs! Over the course of the conversation, "Lulu" decided to sit with me. She was so sweet, so well behaved and she wanted to be with me. Kind of interesting since her owner was in the room. The owner revealed they had to rehome the precious girl because of some family drama. They said they had posted her on Craigslist.

Without talking to my husband, I took a chance. I offered to rehome this beautiful baby, and the young man went home to think about it. In the end, we struck a deal. I was so excited and I had, now, to work on my hubby. He thought we couldn't handle a Bulldog in our apartment! I started to research the breed, finding that the Bully personality is perfect for our lifestyle.

He remained skeptical, but I told him I wanted to bring her home. The next morning, he gave me the all clear. I was able to make the exchange! After getting my newly renamed Pepper Potts, I took her to the vet to see if she was healthy. Dr. Smith was in love - how can she not be? - and revealed that Miss Potts is in excellent shape.

The best part? Pepper and my daughter are besties. They have latched on to one another. Pep doesn't pull the leash when the baby is holding it, doesn't jump on her, and always takes the toys with a soft mouth. She plays rough with my husband, lying in his lap until I could see the love in his eyes. And, because of my AWESOME job, Pepper has been invited to come to work EVERY DAY. We are having a shirt made for her to match mine that will say "Animal Services Ambassador".

I have not owned a dog, even with my line of work, in seven years. My Pit Bull Hercules died of an illness around 3 years old. But this girl, this wonderful Bully has reminded me of a dog's love. She's my new friend, my work partner. And if that German Shepherd down the way keeps barking at me, she might have to give him what for.

So, that's our story. Sorry it took so long. And now, pics!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I just LOVE your story of how you rescued your bully Pepper… the pics are adorable :luv: Bully's are an amazing breed, and I especially love to read about rescue's!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Pit Bull...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello and Welcome! What a wonderful story-and I would say it was a "meant to be" kinda' thing! Especially since you are with dogs every day! Your little girls(skin and fur) are beautiful, and what a wonderful dog Miss Potts must be to be so gentle with your child! I know many bullies are gentle with their "children" but this was like they were always together! The pictures are so nice! AND you get to take her to work with you-LUCKy you and LUCKY Miss Potts!!!!:yes:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
:welcome4: To :bully:
These bullies make it easy to become obsessed! Such love they have you have come to the right place everyone here is wonderful and full of information and willing to impart their knowledge to those who seek it. Read the Articles they are full of information feel free to as any and all questions no matter how mundane they may seem, and both your babies are absolutely beautiful!!! So happy this story has a happy ending.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
:smileywelcome: Crystal, Welcome to you and your new Baby to EBN, You are surrounded by English Bull Dog Lovers too, all right there in Texas. Your story is absolutely heart felt. Sometimes I wonder if we (Humans) pick the Pet, as much as they pick us, and why. Pepper and your daughter being besties is Awesome too, These guys know how to get into our hearts and lives, and make a home of it. Congratulations and Thanks you for the wonderful pictures. :yes:

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I absolutely love Pepper Potts. She's just my little angel. Watching her chase the cats only to be chased back is kinda hilarious. I'm so lucky to get to take her to work. Everyone just loves her. It was meant to be. I'll always miss my Hercules, but man, Pepper Potts has already made her mark on my soul.

If only I could get her to climb the stairs to my apartment...:happy:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
A wonderful story to start my weekend, thank you, Crystal :)

GOD bless you for rehoming her and providing a safe & loving home.

I've rehomed 2 bullies and have had Cami 6 months, she came from
Houston, I live near Waco, TX.

Love your pics of your family, Welcome here!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
There really are a ton of bully lovers in Texas. I'm in Fort Worth, and I work in Lake Worth. Its really been an amazing adventure with this bully girl so far. I'm obsessed with the breed!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a FANTASTIC story and introduction! thank you so much for giving her a chance and loving her. Bulldogs are an obsession as they are like no other breed

:welcome3: to EBN.... so very happy you found us and Pepper Potts found you

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Thanks Christine. I really understand the quote of "Who rescued who" now. I have a severe anxiety disorder, and my husband just pointed out that I've been completely calm for the 3 days we've had Pepper...coincidence? I think not!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Welcome to EBN!! You are going to love it here! I loved that story.

:welcomeEBN:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome! What a great story. I really believe everything happens for a reason and I think you guys needed miss potts as much as she needed you. Enjoy, this is going to be the best experience of your life.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome! What a great story. I really believe everything happens for a reason and I think you guys needed miss potts as much as she needed you. Enjoy, this is going to be the best experience of your life.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW she is a beauty and how could you not love her. She looks so sweet. Welcome to the site and so happy you joined us, and what an awesome job you have.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: Good to have you join. Those are are beautiful pictures!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.