Hello I am new to this forum!

Mama23Bullies

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee, Lucy & Harley
Hello. I am new to this forum and have a question about my female 9 month English Bulldog. We were told by the breeder when we got her at 8 weeks old that she was the runt of the litter. She is just so small and lanky. Her head is very narrow and her chest is very narrow as well. We just recently got a 7 month old boy English Bully and he is HUGE compared to her, his head and the size of his paws and just the way he is built is totally different from her. She is the first EB that I have got as an 8 week old puppy. Is this normal? I have attached two pictures of her that were taken a few days ago. I have read forums on this and a lot of people say between 9-12 months is when everything starts to widen out and her jaw is supposed to drop and get the underbite too. She is just so small and her head is so narrow it is hard for me to picture it widening so much over the next few months...I don't even think she would look like the same dog if that happens. Thanks so much!

20131025_153620.jpg
20131023_125430.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN!!! So glad you found us!

Some will go through a lang 'boxer' looking stage and around 16 months start growing out which is when they fill in. I tagged a few members that can maybe give some more insight

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is certainly a cutie! She'll fill out soon and will be an even bigger cutie. :EBNwelcome:

OP
M

Mama23Bullies

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee, Lucy & Harley
Thanks so much guys! I am really loving this site! I am so in love with my 3 bullies and it is so great to get feedback from everyone. I look forward to all the feedback anyone can offer!

OP
M

Mama23Bullies

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee, Lucy & Harley
Thank you. I have read that some go through the boxer looking phase too. She is actually shorter than my other bully but he is very wide. Thank you for tagging other members, I really appreciate all the feedback.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there [MENTION=10176]Mama23Bullies[/MENTION]

First off, I would like to say hello and tell you your little girl is very adorable, such a sour mug face she has!

Bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes, even within the same litter. They pick up genes from their entire linage and some can be tall, some short, some stocky, some very few wrinkles, some loaded with them, some thick boned some tiny boned.

However, two things we know for sure. Bullies do not grow outward until their are finished growing upward. Their chest area is the next part to grow, and lastly comes the head. They will continue to grow and change up to the age of 3 years old. The other thing we know is that males are much bigger and wider than females, and have much wider heads as well. So it makes perfect sense that the boy looks so much bigger as well.

Yes your little girl will broaden. How much, you never know. But she is all EB and she is just a petite thing, and this is one of the things I love about this breed the most, is how different and unique they are from each other, just like humans, no two are exactly alike.

OP
M

Mama23Bullies

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee, Lucy & Harley
Thank you so much. I have been a little worried that she is not full EB so thank you for the re-assurance. I do have papers on her but I guess since she is the first one I have owned from a puppy it is a little different to see her grow. My first EB, Baylee we got when he was 2 years old and he has really changed through the years too. And, yes you are right they do come in all shapes and sizes and I have seen that on many sites and then looking at the before and after's here. I just can't wait until she starts to fill out...we are anxious to see how she progresses but at the same time love that she has that puppy energy! She is really a sweet girl.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Hey there. Welcome. Your baby is beautiful! My Dudley will be 3 in December...He stands about 22 inches tall and weighs 80 lbs...a big boy. His father was a little taller and weighed about 90 lbs. His mother, just a little shorter and weighed 55 lbs...all shapes and sizes. I even wondered about Dudley when he was 8 or 9 months old -- and I had seen his parents! He looked so tall, leggy and not very "bully-like"...but that all changed. Don't worry...you have an adorable baby bully!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your baby is just beautiful. As others have said, they come in all shapes and sizes and males are generally larger than females. They always grow up,(tall) before they grow out (widen). they will start to widen after their first year of age and until around age 3.

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
My Benedict has the same built, he's just one year old. He has a narrow head and is not stocky at all. The breeder told me that I was getting a rare " Mini" bulldog I asked our vet who use to breed EB and at one time had 11 if there was such a thing as a "mini" EB and he said that Beni was the only one he had seen.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Welcome to EBN!! My male is your typical bully shape. My female, Emma, while she weighs 50 you'd never know it. She's always been narrow but her upper back is more broad. The thing I've learned since having these bullies is that they come in so many different shapes, sizes and colors. My male, Wilson, didn't really start filling out until he was 1.5-2. Your girl jus may be more petite. She has a beautiful face and gorgeous ears.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN! Your girl is adorable and looks all bully to me.
She has a lot of growing to do and will change for sure. How much
is unknown and some do change so much they don't look like the
same dog! Males are generally bigger & wider (in all breeds) but
there are those big females, my Cami is a retired breeder, short,
stocky and 70 lbs
:w00t:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online