Hello from VA

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 57436 She is beautiful! My girl is 8 and on Tramadol daily for back issues, maybe that is something the vet can offer?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That's a great pic! Bessie is beautiful! I hope more happy years are in your future!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome: Wow! You have had Bessie for a long time! That is wonderful. I have had senior dogs and have experienced the heartbreak when their health starts to fail. We're here if you need us!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to EBN. Over the years I have had 5 senior Bulldogs, but none have made it past 9. My experience has been that once they start going downhill, they go fast. Your Bessie is amazing at almost 12 years old!

Maizy

Oct 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maizy
Hi all, I have been lucky enough to be a bully mom for a long time now.. but now my Bessie is 11 years and 7 months, and I am seeing the aging process take over my baby way too fast these days. Has anyone else here had experience with an aging senior bully? My Bessie is very rapidly going from occasionally her back legs taking awhile to give her firm footing when she wakes up, to where more times than not we are having to carry her out to the yard to take care of business. She is also almost completely blind.. most of her moves around the house are done by memory alone so we have to use caution to not move things around on her. I am really hoping I never have to make the dreaded decision with the vet (as everyone else I would rather she her go peacefully in her sleep) However I do not ever want her to suffer in pain either. We have a check up with vet next week where we will again address these things, but short story long now lol, I was hoping to find others on here that have been through this stage of life with their bullies??

Yes, I have been through that fairly recently but with my Boston Terriers. My boy passed away naturally at 13 Years, 8 months, and my girl at 14 years I made the decision to put down.
Anyway, those decisions are hard, but you'll know it's time when it comes, and your dogs will give you clues they are ready, so I believe.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.