Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello from VA

Welcome here. Three bows to you for such care of your beloved pet. I'm sure you could help us all with what you have learned from your pet.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bessie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for your support.. yes, I know I am so very lucky to have been blessed with her this long and hope to see her make it to her 12th birthday as well. I know her time is not here yet.. and I know in my heart I will know when it is.. we are just trying to help her cope as best we can. She has actually mastered the blindness quite well, using her memory of the paths to take in the house. It's us humans that have to remember not to rearrange anything as to mess her up. We actually see the vet later this week to address the pain issue as I want to make sure she has sufficient medications to keep her from pain. She actually still has times that she can jump onto the couch on her own, those times are definitely fewer and farther between but I think it is part of her stubborn bully personality that gets her there. And I will carry her outside however many times I need to.. she has been there for me I will be here for her. I have yet to meet anyone else with one the age of mine and hope to someday.. it would be nice to compare notes . I love seeing everyone's pictures on here.. so many beautiful bullies. Here is a pic of my Bessie and her buddy.. my son's kitten. -c2-jpg

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Bessie is a beautiful lady, and her picture with the kitty is so cute. He is her "teddy bear".
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-c2-jpg She is beautiful! My girl is 8 and on Tramadol daily for back issues, maybe that is something the vet can offer?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

That's a great pic! Bessie is beautiful! I hope more happy years are in your future!

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow! You have had Bessie for a long time! That is wonderful. I have had senior dogs and have experienced the heartbreak when their health starts to fail. We're here if you need us!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN. Over the years I have had 5 senior Bulldogs, but none have made it past 9. My experience has been that once they start going downhill, they go fast. Your Bessie is amazing at almost 12 years old!

Real Name
    Jen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maizy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfBessie View Post
    Hi all, I have been lucky enough to be a bully mom for a long time now.. but now my Bessie is 11 years and 7 months, and I am seeing the aging process take over my baby way too fast these days. Has anyone else here had experience with an aging senior bully? My Bessie is very rapidly going from occasionally her back legs taking awhile to give her firm footing when she wakes up, to where more times than not we are having to carry her out to the yard to take care of business. She is also almost completely blind.. most of her moves around the house are done by memory alone so we have to use caution to not move things around on her. I am really hoping I never have to make the dreaded decision with the vet (as everyone else I would rather she her go peacefully in her sleep) However I do not ever want her to suffer in pain either. We have a check up with vet next week where we will again address these things, but short story long now lol, I was hoping to find others on here that have been through this stage of life with their bullies??
    Yes, I have been through that fairly recently but with my Boston Terriers. My boy passed away naturally at 13 Years, 8 months, and my girl at 14 years I made the decision to put down.
    Anyway, those decisions are hard, but you'll know it's time when it comes, and your dogs will give you clues they are ready, so I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads