Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of your baby.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Merc is a cutie pie! Welcome to the forum!:welcome3:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:smileywelcome: Harold and Merc, glad you joined EBN look forward to seeing some pic's of Merc

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hello my name is Harold and I have a 25 month old bully by the name of Merc. Loved the English bulldog breed since I was 8 and finally decided to get one.

Hey Harold, and Welcome to EBN…. You'll love this Bully Site, best information, and most knowledgeable people on the earth as far as English Bullies Go….. May I ask how you came up with the name Merc for your bully? Very interesting and Unique I think…… :yes:

OP
Murad

Murad

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Merc
Hey Harold, and Welcome to EBN…. You'll love this Bully Site, best information, and most knowledgeable people on the earth as far as English Bullies Go….. May I ask how you came up with the name Merc for your bully? Very interesting and Unique I think…… :yes:

Hi Dave, thank you for the warm welcome. Actually the first name I gave him was Hades after the Greek mythology. We I name our first pup that my GF bought Zeus thinking that would be it. Then finally I saw this ad that they were selling EB puppies and I wanted one ever since I was 8 yrs. old. Then I met this nice old lady that was walking 4 dogs n we started talking and she asked what was my dogs name and I said Hades. She requested that I should change his name due to the fact that it was a devils name which I did, because I only named him hades was because Zeus was taken already. Since I was into reading a lot of military history and fiction, sci-fi. I loved this book that the lingo that they use for mercenary was MERC and I liked the way it sounds. So that's how I got his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Murad

Murad

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Merc
:smileywelcome: Harold and Merc, glad you joined EBN look forward to seeing some pic's of Merc

Thank you Julie for the warm welcome. As soon as I figure out how to upload pics I will. Not a tech savy person.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome3: to EBN!!! Great name can't wait to see pictures!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hi Dave, thank you for the warm welcome. Actually the first name I gave him was Hades after the Greek mythology. We I name our first pup that my GF bought Zeus thinking that would be it. Then finally I saw this ad that they were selling EB puppies and I wanted one ever since I was 8 yrs. old. Then I met this nice old lady that was walking 4 dogs n we started talking and she asked what was my dogs name and I said Hades. She requested that I should change his name due to the fact that it was a devils name which I did, because I only named him hades was because Zeus was taken already. Since I was into reading a lot of military history and fiction, sci-fi. I loved this book that the lingo that they use for mercenary was MERC and I liked the way it sounds. So that's how I got his name.

That is an awesome story, and yes Hades is a greek term for Satan. Many of the Carnival Parades for Mardi Gras are named after Greek Mythology. Zeus, Olympus, Bacchus, and I also collect Mersheim Pipes, used to smoke Tobacco, which are also Greek Mythology carvings. That is so awesome. :yes:

Members online

No members online now.