Nueva, new with bulldog need help, ayuda!!

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
Hola, tengo una bulldog llamado Itzy y tiene 3 casi cuatro meses, necesito de su ayuda porque Ella ha tenido muchos granos en su cuello y panza, cuando orina le sale un desecho como moco pero ella no se be enferma ni ha dejado de comer. Ya la Lleve a dos veterinarios y me le Han dado medicina para la infeccion, pero en cuanto termina su tratamiento vuelven Los granos. Ahora esta tirando mucho pelo. Ayer le compre otra comida para ver Si puede ser eso, primero le daba royal canin para cachorro y ahora le compre Natural Balance a ver Si se me alivia pero el problema es que parece que no le gusta, se come las de royal canin y me déjà todas las demas. Ayudenme, que podra tener mi bebe? Ya no Quiero que le salgan granos!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I believe this is a close translation.

Hi, I have a bulldog named Itzy and has 3 almost four months, I need your help because she has had many pimples on his neck and belly, when urine comes out a waste as mucus but she was not be sick or has stopped eating. Already the lead to two veterinarians and i have given him medicine for infection, but as soon as it finishes its treatment again the grains. Now is a lot of hair pulling.

OP
A

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
And she's losing a lot of hair, I changed her food from Royal canin to Natural balance, but she doesn't like it. Please help I don't want her having pimples!! Ooohhh! I forgot to say that her eyes are always red. It might be an allergy?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
And she's losing a lot of hair, I changed her food from Royal canin to Natural balance, but she doesn't like it. Please help I don't want her having pimples!! Ooohhh! I forgot to say that her eyes are always red. It might be an allergy?

Hi there! Welcome to the forum and so glad you joined us! I am going to say she most likey has an allergy to something! Natural Balance is an okay food but there is better out there! I would try switching her to a grain free and see how it goes! You can also ask the vet for an anti bacterial shampoo such as Maloseb it works wonders!!! Her eyes being red most likely is definate allergy just figuring out what is very hard! You can have the vet run a full blood panel test to pinpoint what she is allergic to! Have there been any changes since this started?

OP
A

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
I just bought the new food yesterday, and is grain free Sweet potatoe and venison. I give her 1/3 of the new food and the rest of the old one, but she doesn't it the new one hahaha. She has an app next Monday. Which brand of food is the best? Thanks for responding.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I personally like Fromm 4 Star line of food! They are grain free and no fillers or by products! A lot of bullies do well with Fromm Beef Frittatta! Here is the link for the Food Ratings Page and its a great guide to use when choosing food! Here is the link http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?5483-Dog-Food-Ratings

The old food is still in her system so thats why you haven't seen a change yet! It may take a month or so! I will tag some members that can shed some light for you! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes the changes take time, but watch for any bad changes too.

I would also have a urinalysis done, check out the article on UTI as well, as no food change can clear a UTI if there is a problem :hug:

I'm concerned with the mucus in the urine if that was translated right. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome. It can be hard to figure out what is causing an allergy. The food change is good, but like others have said it takes time to see a difference. Keep at it and it will happen. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. We would also like to see pictures of your beautiful baby!

OP
A

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
image.jpgThanks everyone for your help. I'm concerned about the mucus too but the vet said it was normal as long as is not smelly and turns green (the mucus is clear, sometimes yellowish). When she pees the urine is clear too and it doesnt smell. She plays, runs, eats normally,,very active !

I tried to upload a picture of Itzy, hope I did it right. ( she doesnt like pictures, gets so serious)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 57195Thanks everyone for your help. I'm concerned about the mucus too but the vet said it was normal as long as is not smelly and turns green (the mucus is clear, sometimes yellowish). When she pees the urine is clear too and it doesnt smell. She plays, runs, eats normally,,very active !

I tried to upload a picture of Itzy, hope I did it right. ( she doesnt like pictures, gets so serious)

OMG she is sooooooooo adorable!!! I would be concered with the mucus b/c its not normal for them to have that either way!!! Is there another vet that has more expeirence with bulldogs that you can get a second opinion! Some vets aren't that knowledgable about the breed and I went through 2 before I found a vet that actually knew about bullies :)

Thats why were are here to help eachother :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 57195Thanks everyone for your help. I'm concerned about the mucus too but the vet said it was normal as long as is not smelly and turns green (the mucus is clear, sometimes yellowish). When she pees the urine is clear too and it doesnt smell. She plays, runs, eats normally,,very active !

WOW -- what a beauty! the adivce given is great.... good luck and please keep us posted.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey! Welcome to you and that lil beauty! I agree with everyone else...Sounds like an allergy :( Hope she feels better soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online