Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I've never heard of a dog having a stroke from eating too much...anyone else???

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've never heard of a dog having a stroke from eating too much...anyone else???

Hun, I think it's just more BS from this 'breeder', probably feeds just enough to keep them alive
and what little he feeds is surely utter crap. Just a sickening example of a human being.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
With a bulldog in the house you will definitely experience dog fart, enjoy:tongue:

I don't think you should give him distilled water... I'm not sure though but I've heard it's safe to drink but one should not drink it often... I think it absorbs minerals? Someone else here will probably know better. Bottled mineral water is great to give him:)

Update:

Read a bit about distilled water and I think I got the absorbs minerals wrong, lol, it lacks minerals because of the way it's been purified:ashamed:

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I would now feed him little but often if it was me instead of 3 -4 meals i would make it 5-6 smaller amounts ,until he puts on weight a little bit more ,with less excursive not to burn to much weight
That he should put on

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Just when we thought he ws getting better, bert vomited again today and doesnt want to eat. :( he is scheduled to go to the vet on wednesday but mom got worried ang brought him today instead. He is still eaying hills prescription so i really dont know why he is still having gi problems

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I would do the bland diet till his little tummy settles in as has been suggested on here. I

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I sure hope Bert continues to improve and does well. Glad you are a part of EBN too, its a great place for dog lovers in general and Bulldog lovers in particular. Lots of great advice and folks who really care and are nuts about their pets. And I agree with Texas Carol on her sentiments of the breeder or perhaps broker/seller of your pet. People like that don't care for dogs at all and are simply out to make a buck regardless of the pain and suffering it causes the pet and individuals that love them

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I hope the vet finally checks his poop and makes sure there aren't parasites in Bert's belly best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, poor little Bert. I love him and I love his name.

You've got some great advice here and I hope you get to the bottom of what's troubling your little friend soon. Stay strong little guy!

Emma0511

Sep 30, 2013
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Emma is on spring water, i think anything not treated with chlorine and whatever else goes into our system water now a days is fine. Just keep him on the same type being spring, mineral, consistently. Are you crate training him?

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
[MENTION=8610]Jennifer Clark[/MENTION] unfortunately we can't feed him anything yet aside from the hill's prescription food the vet gave him. If he gets a lil better we will go with the bland diet.
[MENTION=9984]Emma0511[/MENTION] I really think you guys are right about the worms too, mom said it seems like he wants to reach for his *** and scratch it.lol. Crate training, i dunno if what mom's doing is crate training. She allows him to roam around the house during the day but during feeding time and sleeping time he should go back to his place. And he should stay there all night till someone wakes up at around 6am. Mom tries to put a wood plank so he could go up and down hiis cage whenever he wants but lil bert is either too lazy or too scared to do it.

GOODNYT YOU GUYS! THANKS WISHING ME TO GET WELL SOON. XOXO, lil Bert

tiny bert.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.