elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
About the probiotics stuff.do you happen to know yakult?we drink it as a replacement for.yogurt and it has 'good bacteria' in it. its more.popular than yougurt in our place so do you think it.could be a replacement? Ill ask the doctor if they have these probiotics thing so he can take.it along with his vitamins.

You guys are really sweet! Bert will strike some.poses for y'all once he feels better and gained some weight

Xoxo

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
you guessed it pati. we were not able to see any other pups or dogs in the place. he said the dogs are being taken care of in a distant location thats why they only bring the pups in the city when someone wants to see them. he even sent us a picture of bert

View attachment 57082

it doesnt look like him right? well anyway as long as he gets well, i would be very happy and mom will be happier! cant wait to show you guys pictures when he gets all better!

carol, thanks sweetie! i think lil bert is feeling a lot better now because mom no longer texts mo 20x a day just to give me updates. :D
I think I've seen this pic online.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
About the probiotics stuff.do you happen to know yakult?we drink it as a replacement for.yogurt and it has 'good bacteria' in it. its more.popular than yougurt in our place so do you think it.could be a replacement? Ill ask the doctor if they have these probiotics thing so he can take.it along with his vitamins.

You guys are really sweet! Bert will strike some.poses for y'all once he feels better and gained some weight

Xoxo

How is little Bert doing?

I have had that drink you're referring to...Yakult. Not sure on the ingredients...just make sure there's no added sugars b/c that could cause diarrhea. I'm just trying to quickly go thru these posts while at work and i know a bland diet of plain rice was suggested...is this something that you've tried on Bert yet? I do hope the sweetheart is improving!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Since the vet has told you to keep an eye on him for the next week, since he has diarrhea also make sure he stays hydrated. Here are some descriptions on signs of dehydration i pulled from pet webmd: A prominent sign of dehydration is loss of skin elasticity. When the skin along the back is pulled up, it should spring back into place. In a dehydrated animal, the skin stays up in a ridge.
Another sign of dehydration is dryness of the mouth. The gums, which should be wet and glistening, become dry and tacky. The saliva is thick and tenacious. In an advanced case, the eyes are sunken and the dog exhibits signs of shock, including collapse.

And as all the other people have suggest feed him a bland diet of rice and chicken or beef. you can also introduce filtered or bottled water into the food mix to help with hydration. Good luck and please keep us posted!

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hey guys! Yeah ive told mom abt the rice and meat diet however she refused to try it now since the vet told her to just feed him hills prescription gi health. Its a canned food i think. She said bert loves it very much.

Bert sending sloppy kisses to you all

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys! Yeah ive told mom abt the rice and meat diet however she refused to try it now since the vet told her to just feed him hills prescription gi health. Its a canned food i think. She said bert loves it very much.

Bert sending sloppy kisses to you all

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hope lill Bert is feeling better, he's lucky to have you who care so much about him:heart:

Here in South Africa it is so common with scams selling puppies, especially more expensive once such as Bulldogs and rare pure breed dogs:*( They find a nice picture online and post it as puppy for sale, then when you want to buy the puppy they say they'll come meet up with you for what ever reason so you can never see the parents or how they were kept:( Sometimes when meeting up I've heard that there aren't even a puppy and people get basically threatened to trade the money they brought for diamonds (obviously illegal once), it's rough here:mellow:.

I'm happy Bert got such a caring home, he looks so sweet:luv:

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
yeah! he's feeling a lot better now, thanks to you all who are wishing him to get well soon. :) mom sent some pics this morning, he's more energetic but he really lost a lot of weight. He is now 10 weeks :)

Bert helping with mom's laundry.(NOPE,I guess not)

bert laundry 1.jpgbert laundry 2.jpg

here's bert accompanying mom with her daily farm heroes, candy crush routine. But i guessed he got bored :))

bert farm heroes.jpgbert candy crush.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww hes so tiny and cute xx im sure he be looking great (weight wise) in no time x

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
im pretty sure mom told me he weighs only 1.5 kgs.heres the sick bert photo. he can literally swim in his food bowl.sooo tiny :(

View attachment 57064
View attachment 57061
very cute I would put something on the bottom of the cage cause he can get his feet caught and it can be bad for the feet I would just put a mat down. I hope he feels better

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Thank you loveabully. I will make sure mom gets this advise :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you loveabully. I will make sure mom gets this advise :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Prayers to your little guy! Hope he feels better soon! I hope you can find something to help him put the weight on!

I'm thinking he could have worms that's whats causing him to not gain weight! Have you been able to check that again?

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hi chanel! He only had one deworm and he should get his next one on the 9th. I think the breeder did not do the deworm and even the anti rabies vaccine as scheduled so we need to do it all.over i think.Unfortunately the vet did not advise to do a stool exam so we cant confirm if there are worms. I really hope so too. :) ill make sure.to update u guys if there are any progress.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Because Bert has lost so much weight, I'd wait on any shots/vaccines until
he's put on needed weight. Of course, that means not taking him places or
exposing him to other dogs or dog parks, etc.

Food grade DE will rid him of worms & any parasites he might have and is
easier on his system than wormers will be. And giving him a good probiotic
will get him healthy in no time. Sorry I have been overwhelmed w/problems
but will get those names of probiotics to you, they can be ordered just like
the DE to your house.

Bert's looking good other than small but y'all are doing a great job and he will
start thriving now. Thanks for the new pics, he is too cute! GOD bless!

Most Reactions