Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thats a very small bully , is there any way you or your mum could check if his papers are are real? (Phone your version of kennel club,and explain your concerns ?)
Such a beauty -i just cant get my head around his weight xx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi pati! Yes the vet weighed him and its the same as mom's. He is just 1.5kg. My mom mentioned that he looks a little younger than 9 weeks however his pcci paper (i think its the same as your akc) says he was born on july 21.

Hi carol! Seriously, yogurt is not a really popular thing in the phils so im not sure if i can find a plain one. Can i feed him flavored yougurts? If i can, should i feed him the whole cup?As for the kefir,ist the first time ive heard of it but will definitely ask mom.to look for one.

Xoxo,
Elai & bert

Elai, I'll tag our resident canine nutritionist to answer that one and hopefully offer
her learned advice.

Bev.. [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Pati, unfortunately there is no way we can verify if the papers are real coz even the employees at pcci sell papers to breeders without knowing anything about the dog. This would help those breeders to make a sale even though their dogs are not pure bred. I can only know if bert is really a bulldog once he grows up a little. He somewhat looks like an aspin (local dogs from here)

Carol, youre an angel! Can you be Bert's god mother?lol. I would really appreciate it if i can find an alternative to kefir. I think we dont have that here.

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh right ,i understand now x
I believe that your baby is under great care and lucky to have you both both ;-)

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Just spoke with the breeder and he said that bert's dob is accurate. He also mentioned that the weight loss could be caused by the lbm??? (is it possible for bert to lose more than 2kgs due to lbm for 12 hrs?) He seemed upset when i spoke with him. He also mentioned that the berts mom is alive with him and he has a sister. Because i asked him on why bert had a vaccine at 5weeks when he should be having his first shot at 8weeks. I thought his mom died thats why he gave him early shots

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmm, maybe the breeder can't keep his differing stories straight?

I'd ask for pics of Mom & Sis, altho...he could send different pics and
say anything.

I'd say Bert is very lucky to be with you & your Mother...he's a cutie pie!

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
So breeder didn't show you a whole litter? Or mum when you collect Bert?
2kg loss for a from originally 3 ,5 kg pup now its more that half if his weight to lose in 12 hours i think its impossible ,but don't hold me on that one
He's a beautiful lil bundle of joy ,such a sweet face xx

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
you guessed it pati. we were not able to see any other pups or dogs in the place. he said the dogs are being taken care of in a distant location thats why they only bring the pups in the city when someone wants to see them. he even sent us a picture of bert

Screenshot_2013-09-26-12-18-56-1.png

it doesnt look like him right? well anyway as long as he gets well, i would be very happy and mom will be happier! cant wait to show you guys pictures when he gets all better!

carol, thanks sweetie! i think lil bert is feeling a lot better now because mom no longer texts mo 20x a day just to give me updates. :D

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
That would have been a warning sign for me ,but sometimes we are just to exited to acknowledge that something is not quite right here
But anyway ,i hope to see more of your baby pictures as he grow ;-))))

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Gross question, but what color is his poop? Has the vet ruled out Parvo? It's great that you've come here looking for advice because you are able to communicate with a bunch of people who have seen it all (or almost!)

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
you guessed it pati. we were not able to see any other pups or dogs in the place. he said the dogs are being taken care of in a distant location thats why they only bring the pups in the city when someone wants to see them. he even sent us a picture of bert

View attachment 57082

it doesnt look like him right? well anyway as long as he gets well, i would be very happy and mom will be happier! cant wait to show you guys pictures when he gets all better!

carol, thanks sweetie! i think lil bert is feeling a lot better now because mom no longer texts mo 20x a day just to give me updates. :D

I regret to say...THIS BULLY IS NOT BERT...so sorry you've been taken in by a lying
SOB breeder! I hope karma eats his lunch...and breakfast and dinner too!!!

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
At first it didnt really matter if he is the one on the ad photo or not. My family liked bert the first time they saw him and he seemed healthy so we didnt really care at all. I just started looking at the details and doubted the breeder when he got sick.

Hi bellas mom and nubonics. Unfortunately mom did not get any photos af the poop.nor the vet advised to do a stool exam buy i hope its just a simple gi problem. Those pics gave me the creeps. If he has epi i think.his frail body wont be able.to handle it. He is still a baby :(

I think now,bert no.longer have watery stools but he farts and burps a.lot. mom also hears some regurgitating sounds in his tummy. he is taking a canned food i think that should be used to.flush any bad things on his tummy and we will only feed him 100grams everyday. So his tummy is really2 small now.

We will see the dr again in a week if there would be any changes since he gave him vitamins. Hope he gets better

Sending all the love,
Elai and bert

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
At first it didnt really matter if he is the one on the ad photo or not. My family liked bert the first time they saw him and he seemed healthy so we didnt really care at all. I just started looking at the details and doubted the breeder when he got sick.

Hi bellas mom and nubonics. Unfortunately mom did not get any photos af the poop.nor the vet advised to do a stool exam buy i hope its just a simple gi problem. Those pics gave me the creeps. If he has epi i think.his frail body wont be able.to handle it. He is still a baby :(

I think now,bert no.longer have watery stools but he farts and burps a.lot. mom also hears some regurgitating sounds in his tummy. he is taking a canned food i think that should be used to.flush any bad things on his tummy and we will only feed him 100grams everyday. So his tummy is really2 small now.

We will see the dr again in a week if there would be any changes since he gave him vitamins. Hope he gets better

Sending all the love,
Elai and bert

We can feel the love you & Mother have for dear lil Bert...can see WHY!

I really think Bert would do better on plain white rice w/a little boiled hamburger,
it's easy on the tummy. There is a natural herb called Slippery Elm you can order
online (Amazon & such) that coats the tummy, HEALS irritation and inflammation.
It can be given with all these meds w/out reaction.

Order probiotics online too if kefir & yogurt aren't available, it too will strengthen
Bert's immune system as he fights to get better. I'll get you some links to good ones.

Sending hugs to y'all...GOD bless!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Wow! I am so sorry that you and your mom are going thru all of this! Bert is very lucky that you guys found him and saved him. When Loki was 12 weeks he weighed almost 20 lbs! I am with Carol on this a bland diet of boiled beef and rice will help do the trick. I think the majority of our bullies are on probiotics. Hopefully he is feeling better soon and back to a normal happy bully. Please keep us all posted!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.