Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new and needs help badly! :((

Gross question, but what color is his poop? Has the vet ruled out Parvo? It's great that you've come here looking for advice because you are able to communicate with a bunch of people who have seen it all (or almost!)

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by elairiffic View Post
    you guessed it pati. we were not able to see any other pups or dogs in the place. he said the dogs are being taken care of in a distant location thats why they only bring the pups in the city when someone wants to see them. he even sent us a picture of bert

Attachment 57082

it doesnt look like him right? well anyway as long as he gets well, i would be very happy and mom will be happier! cant wait to show you guys pictures when he gets all better!

carol, thanks sweetie! i think lil bert is feeling a lot better now because mom no longer texts mo 20x a day just to give me updates.

I regret to say...THIS BULLY IS NOT BERT...so sorry you've been taken in by a lying
    SOB breeder! I hope karma eats his lunch...and breakfast and dinner too!!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

My concern is EPI. Your story and the look of Bert is much like my Bella's Story. please read up on it. www.epi4dogs.com

Always with me

Real Name
    Ellaine
    Country
    Philippines
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bert
    Likes (Received)

At first it didnt really matter if he is the one on the ad photo or not. My family liked bert the first time they saw him and he seemed healthy so we didnt really care at all. I just started looking at the details and doubted the breeder when he got sick.

Hi bellas mom and nubonics. Unfortunately mom did not get any photos af the poop.nor the vet advised to do a stool exam buy i hope its just a simple gi problem. Those pics gave me the creeps. If he has epi i think.his frail body wont be able.to handle it. He is still a baby

I think now,bert no.longer have watery stools but he farts and burps a.lot. mom also hears some regurgitating sounds in his tummy. he is taking a canned food i think that should be used to.flush any bad things on his tummy and we will only feed him 100grams everyday. So his tummy is really2 small now.

We will see the dr again in a week if there would be any changes since he gave him vitamins. Hope he gets better

Sending all the love,
    Elai and bert

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

At first it didnt really matter if he is the one on the ad photo or not. My family liked bert the first time they saw him and he seemed healthy so we didnt really care at all. I just started looking at the details and doubted the breeder when he got sick.

Hi bellas mom and nubonics. Unfortunately mom did not get any photos af the poop.nor the vet advised to do a stool exam buy i hope its just a simple gi problem. Those pics gave me the creeps. If he has epi i think.his frail body wont be able.to handle it. He is still a baby

I think now,bert no.longer have watery stools but he farts and burps a.lot. mom also hears some regurgitating sounds in his tummy. he is taking a canned food i think that should be used to.flush any bad things on his tummy and we will only feed him 100grams everyday. So his tummy is really2 small now.

We will see the dr again in a week if there would be any changes since he gave him vitamins. Hope he gets better

Sending all the love,
    Elai and bert

We can feel the love you & Mother have for dear lil Bert...can see WHY!

I really think Bert would do better on plain white rice w/a little boiled hamburger,
    it's easy on the tummy. There is a natural herb called Slippery Elm you can order
    online (Amazon & such) that coats the tummy, HEALS irritation and inflammation.
    It can be given with all these meds w/out reaction.

Order probiotics online too if kefir & yogurt aren't available, it too will strengthen
    Bert's immune system as he fights to get better. I'll get you some links to good ones.

Sending hugs to y'all...GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Wow! I am so sorry that you and your mom are going thru all of this! Bert is very lucky that you guys found him and saved him. When Loki was 12 weeks he weighed almost 20 lbs! I am with Carol on this a bland diet of boiled beef and rice will help do the trick. I think the majority of our bullies are on probiotics. Hopefully he is feeling better soon and back to a normal happy bully. Please keep us all posted!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Ellaine
    Country
    Philippines
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bert
    Likes (Received)

About the probiotics stuff.do you happen to know yakult?we drink it as a replacement for.yogurt and it has 'good bacteria' in it. its more.popular than yougurt in our place so do you think it.could be a replacement? Ill ask the doctor if they have these probiotics thing so he can take.it along with his vitamins.

You guys are really sweet! Bert will strike some.poses for y'all once he feels better and gained some weight

Xoxo

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

you guessed it pati. we were not able to see any other pups or dogs in the place. he said the dogs are being taken care of in a distant location thats why they only bring the pups in the city when someone wants to see them. he even sent us a picture of bert

Attachment 57082

it doesnt look like him right? well anyway as long as he gets well, i would be very happy and mom will be happier! cant wait to show you guys pictures when he gets all better!

carol, thanks sweetie! i think lil bert is feeling a lot better now because mom no longer texts mo 20x a day just to give me updates.
    I think I've seen this pic online.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

About the probiotics stuff.do you happen to know yakult?we drink it as a replacement for.yogurt and it has 'good bacteria' in it. its more.popular than yougurt in our place so do you think it.could be a replacement? Ill ask the doctor if they have these probiotics thing so he can take.it along with his vitamins.

You guys are really sweet! Bert will strike some.poses for y'all once he feels better and gained some weight

Xoxo
    How is little Bert doing?

I have had that drink you're referring to...Yakult. Not sure on the ingredients...just make sure there's no added sugars b/c that could cause diarrhea. I'm just trying to quickly go thru these posts while at work and i know a bland diet of plain rice was suggested...is this something that you've tried on Bert yet? I do hope the sweetheart is improving!

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Since the vet has told you to keep an eye on him for the next week, since he has diarrhea also make sure he stays hydrated. Here are some descriptions on signs of dehydration i pulled from pet webmd: A prominent sign of dehydration is loss of skin elasticity. When the skin along the back is pulled up, it should spring back into place. In a dehydrated animal, the skin stays up in a ridge.
    Another sign of dehydration is dryness of the mouth. The gums, which should be wet and glistening, become dry and tacky. The saliva is thick and tenacious. In an advanced case, the eyes are sunken and the dog exhibits signs of shock, including collapse.

And as all the other people have suggest feed him a bland diet of rice and chicken or beef. you can also introduce filtered or bottled water into the food mix to help with hydration. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I really don't have any further advice to offer. I think everything has been covered!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Ellaine
    Country
    Philippines
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bert
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys! Yeah ive told mom abt the rice and meat diet however she refused to try it now since the vet told her to just feed him hills prescription gi health. Its a canned food i think. She said bert loves it very much.

Bert sending sloppy kisses to you all

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys! Yeah ive told mom abt the rice and meat diet however she refused to try it now since the vet told her to just feed him hills prescription gi health. Its a canned food i think. She said bert loves it very much.

Bert sending sloppy kisses to you all

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads