Hope I'm not intruding here

normdiaz

Sep 29, 2013
Cypress, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hello. Found this site and am hoping to get some advice or be directed to other sections of the forum that may address it. I am not at present a EB owner; had two BT's that had been with us since 2000 and died within the last year. What I'm seeking here is advice/direction for what I forsee as a EB possible eventual owner surrender. Here are the details: A friend of my daughter owns a 7-month-old EB named Snickers. The owner has been in an accident and faces a long recuperation period. My daughter tried to foster Snickers, but found she could not cope with her care. With the owner laid up, it's starting to look like Snickers may be ultimately surrendered. What I'm seeking here is suggestions for BD rescues in either Houston, TX area or the Brenham, TX (home of Blue Bell Ice Cream). I'm familiar with several general pet shelters in the Houston Area, but figured a EB rescue would be more appropriate. (I'd step in and foster Snickers myself as we are presently petless, but my wife and I are pushing 80 and a BD would just be beyond our handling capabilities.) As a side note, my daughter discovered that Snicker's owner had been confining the dog to a cage barely large enough to turn around in while he worked 18-hour days. Again my apologies for taking up time and space here, but any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. Replies, if preferred, can also be directed to my e-mail [email protected]

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hi there and thank you for joining! You are a good person for trying to get some help for Snickers! There an amazing breed and with love and patience its a joy to own one ( be owned by one lol) There are 2 rescues in TX that I know of! San Antonio Bulldog Rescue or Lone Star Bulldog Rescue. You can use this link to contact them and email them the information! Thank you so much for stepping in to help out a bullie :)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
You know what? here there are no such thing as intruding:) this is the friendliest place on earth and I'm sure you'll get great advice and directions shortly. I'm not living in America so I'm a bit clueless but there are others here that are very informed and involved.

I wish the best for Snickers:heart:

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
I am near you, in Waller. I don't have the financial capability to take on a rescue, but I do have time to spare. Please feel free to ask if I can help.

Also, the closest EB rescue group is English Bulldog Rescue Network in Houston.. They do great things.. http://www.txbulldogrescue.com/

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hello. Found this site and am hoping to get some advice or be directed to other sections of the forum that may address it. I am not at present a EB owner; had two BT's that had been with us since 2000 and died within the last year. What I'm seeking here is advice/direction for what I forsee as a EB possible eventual owner surrender. Here are the details: A friend of my daughter owns a 7-month-old EB named Snickers. The owner has been in an accident and faces a long recuperation period. My daughter tried to foster Snickers, but found she could not cope with her care. With the owner laid up, it's starting to look like Snickers may be ultimately surrendered. What I'm seeking here is suggestions for BD rescues in either Houston, TX area or the Brenham, TX (home of Blue Bell Ice Cream). I'm familiar with several general pet shelters in the Houston Area, but figured a EB rescue would be more appropriate. (I'd step in and foster Snickers myself as we are presently petless, but my wife and I are pushing 80 and a BD would just be beyond our handling capabilities.) As a side note, my daughter discovered that Snicker's owner had been confining the dog to a cage barely large enough to turn around in while he worked 18-hour days. Again my apologies for taking up time and space here, but any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. Replies, if preferred, can also be directed to my e-mail [email protected]
You came to the right place and your right a rescue situation is preferable to a shelter and there are couple on here who might be able to help [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep I was going to suggest English Bulldog Rescue Network Houston also, or Lone Star Bulldog Rescue.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm very sorry to hear if this. Sounds like this fella needs a forever home! I'll get in touch withEBRN Houston

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I wish I lived closer and had the adoption fee money I'd take him.

OP
N

normdiaz

Sep 29, 2013
Cypress, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks for responses/suggestions. Just to clarify, Snickers is not yet up for adoption/rehoming. I'm just getting some advance possible placement info because at present her future does not appear too certain. (IMHO, the owner should have (1) not acquired ANY dog if he had to work 18-hour days and had no other arrangements for his dog other than lengthy crating. (2) started obedience training at the earliest possible age, as the weight and strength of an EB seems to make one difficult to handle in an untrained state.) (My opinions are probably uniformed as the largest dog I've ever owned was a BC mix weighing 40 pounds full grown.)

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Agreed 100%. I applaud you for getting involved in the welfare of a dog in need. Even if you come away with nothing more than information and advice for the owner, and do nothing more, you are to be commended.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks for responses/suggestions. Just to clarify, Snickers is not yet up for adoption/rehoming. I'm just getting some advance possible placement info because at present her future does not appear too certain. (IMHO, the owner should have (1) not acquired ANY dog if he had to work 18-hour days and had no other arrangements for his dog other than lengthy crating. (2) started obedience training at the earliest possible age, as the weight and strength of an EB seems to make one difficult to handle in an untrained state.) (My opinions are probably uniformed as the largest dog I've ever owned was a BC mix weighing 40 pounds full grown.)

I've given the Houston rescue your info, please let us know how it all works out. Thank you for opening your heart!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Never an intrusion and so glad you found us, if even for your friend. I can't help but just wanted to say I hope it all works out for your friend's EB.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and thank you for be proactive to help a bully baby in need.... everyone has you covered with the info you need. Please keep us posted on the bully -- hope all works out for the best

OP
N

normdiaz

Sep 29, 2013
Cypress, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I've given the Houston rescue your info, please let us know how it all works out. Thank you for opening your heart!

Thank you. I now have the number for the Houston Bulldog Rescue and have passed it on to my daughter. We'll see how things progress and hope Snickers will not require rehoming.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I apologize for being late to this one. Thank you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for reaching out to EBRN Houston. I wish there was more that i could do at this time to help but sadly i cannot. I sincerely hope that Snickers finds a furever home or gets help from EBRN.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.