Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any help appreciated.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Any help appreciated.

Glad you joined us!!! I didnt know much of anything when Brutus came home to us!!! Thank goodness for EBN b/c I had learned soooo much!!! I used this guide http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...g-Food-Ratings when deciding which food to swtich to!! Alot of members have good luck and great results with Fromm ( I LOVE IT) There are a lot of articles on cleaning,grooming etc http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...nglish-Bulldog

The link below will give you all the health etc artciles to help We are always here if you need ANYTHING
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-and-Nutrition
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Christie and Heelz!

Great advice so far... I would just like to add that as Heelz is probably on a confusing stage right now and just trying to get a handle on changes, it's not a good idea to change anything else (including his food) until he's settled. Did his previous owner leave you all his stuff and food? If you let us know how much he weighs, his activity level, any health observations, and what food, snacks, activities he's currently on, we can guide you from there.

Another thing to note is that because of their snub noses, it's a bit of a challenge for them to thermoregulate by panting. So we try to keep the bullys under 75 degrees and above 55 degrees (especially while traveling in the back of the van). Also they need close observation during walks so that they don't overheat. And speaking of walks, a lot of bullys have sensitive foot pads so they can't walk too far on concrete or asphalt.

I have 2 bullys, a 5 year old 65-pound female and a 2 year old 55-pound male. The 5 year old is super lazy and stays put 22 hours of the day while the 2 year old is a Tasmanian Devil that would catch frisbees all day long if somebody will throw it. They're both on a Prey-Model Raw diet (they eat raw meat with some raw bones and organs including their treats).

Hope to see pictures soon!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Welcome Christie and Heelz!

Great advice so far... I would just like to add that as Heelz is probably on a confusing stage right now and just trying to get a handle on changes, it's not a good idea to change anything else (including his food) until he's settled. Did his previous owner leave you all his stuff and food? If you let us know how much he weighs, his activity level, any health observations, and what food, snacks, activities he's currently on, we can guide you from there.

Another thing to note is that because of their snub noses, it's a bit of a challenge for them to thermoregulate by panting. So we try to keep the bullys under 75 degrees and above 55 degrees (especially while traveling in the back of the van). Also they need close observation during walks so that they don't overheat.

Hope to see pictures soon!

good advice!! don't change any food yet,...bullies are creatures of habit. the sooner you get a daily routine with heels the sooner you two will become comfortable and lovey snuggly. do you know the keywords that heels knows for doing his business? things like that will make him feel at home. please make sure to wipe his wrinkles and inside the folds and make sure they are dry afterwards or else they could become yeasty and infected. clean everyday or as needed (usually everyday). bullies can't reach their bum or wee after doing their business so you have to wipe bum and inside tail pocket. bullies will give you all the love back for all your hard work. welcome

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

There is a wealth of information on here, but first off.................where are your pictures?

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

to EBN!! I can't add anything to whats all ready been said so I will just simply beg for pics, Please please please!!!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads