New to forum and need help

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Re: New to fourm and need help

:smileywelcome: to EBN.... Looks like you are getting some good advice here... Thanx for signing up :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)

I have no experience with this just want to let you know you are in the right place with the right people...sending prayers and hugs and Sheldon sends big sloppy muzzies and paw hi five.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)

I am so sorry to hear this, I am glad they refunded your money but honestly there is no way a pup so young with a grade 3 heart murmur should have gone undiagnosed. Many pups do have "innocent" heart murmurs that they do grow out of but only time will tell, but only an ecocardiogram done when they are a little older will be able to give you the answers you seek. In the case of our heart murmur puppy Vegas/Remy, he was the largest and most robust of the litter, the vet told us that was very unusual because the pups with murmurs usually don't look as healthy as their siblings and are very small, and he got two diagnosis of a low grade 3. We were hoping this was a good sign..... and he does now live a great life with @kim n the guys, but unfortunately it was not something he grew out of.

Remy is my biggest bully of the three. Taller and he weighs 63#, Sebastian (the other heart bully) is just a little taller than a frenchie and only weighs 40 pounds. Oliver (Sebastian's litter mate) is a "normal" size bully and weighs 62# but looks "fluffier" than Remy because he's got the short legs of a bulldog where as Remy has the long legs of bullygoat :ROFL: I swear Lisa is cross breeding her bulldogs with goats, just ask [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] she has Remy's litter mate Linus!!!

Last edited:
OP
Bentley64

Bentley64

Sep 17, 2013
Trevorton, Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley

I did just find out bentley's brother also has a heart murmur grade 4-6 ..breeder still has the girl and asked him to take her to vet to get her checked he is today..fingers crossed that she is ok..and the lady that got the other boy is bringing him to the same vet today.. I just want these babies to be ok....tonight we get our ultrasound praying all goes well and the news don't get worse..thank you all for your help..I will keep you posted..it's going to be a very long day waiting till 730..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm late to this so first of all :welcome: and although I have no experience of this it looks like you have already got great advice from [MENTION=2152]kim n the guys[/MENTION]!!! As Kim has already told you I have Linus who is Remy's litter mate!!! Linus is only about 55lb but he is tall and can leap up on to anything once he makes up his mind!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

I did just find out bentley's brother also has a heart murmur grade 4-6 ..breeder still has the girl and asked him to take her to vet to get her checked he is today..fingers crossed that she is ok..and the lady that got the other boy is bringing him to the same vet today.. I just want these babies to be ok....tonight we get our ultrasound praying all goes well and the news don't get worse..thank you all for your help..I will keep you posted..it's going to be a very long day waiting till 730..

hopefully this breeder will stop breeding the parents as one or both of them are producing heart defects. After the echo results, the cardiologist will then want to do an angiography which will really show what the arteries look like. Even though Remy wasn't a good candidate for a valvuloplasty, my cardiologist did say that his arteries are very close to being in the normal position but very narrow and that is why he didn't want to risk putting a balloon in

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
what the echo or ultrasound will tell you is if an angiography is going to be needed. They won't really know how severe it is until they get in there and that won't be done tonight. They may have to send him somewhere else if this place is only an emergency clinic.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.