New-ish to the forum...we just want to say hi.

MelissaGV

Jan 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello out there to my fellow bully lovers. We are fairly new to this forum. We joined in January but I never stayed connected due to personal issues and work stuff that swallowed most of my time. But I wanted to reconnect on here as I'm a huge bully lover and I want the best for my dog Winston. I love him more than words can describe. So, I'll be popping in here every now and then to get advice and help from you great people and to help others with our experience.

Winston (aka: Winnie, bruzer, or snoozer)is 7 years old and we have him on a great diet in my opinion (Fromm) and grain free treats. He's slowly but surely getting rid of his allergies. I'm curious to know if any of you have tried Dinovit (dog supplement). I'm planning on doing a lot of research on it before I give it to Winnie. Have any of you had experience with it...good or bad?

Also, we are taking Winnie to the vet as we just noticed a few days ago he has a large fluid filled bump on the side of his neck. It's about the size of a grape. We are going to ask the vet to do a biopsy to make sure it's not cancerous.

Anyways, hello to all of you bulky lovers on here and we look forward to popping in every now and then.
Melissa, Shane (husband), and Winston

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome back Melissa!!! You joined before I did... LOL I have a Winston too, what an awesome name :D

My bully Bella used to get those fluid bumps as well, sometimes the vet would just drain them. Hopefully Winston's is nothing serious... I just ordered my dogs the NuVet supplements, I know a lot of peeps on here use them. I have a 9 year old boxer that is having joint issues to I got her the joint supplement. So far so good...

Keep us posted on Winston...

OP
M

MelissaGV

Jan 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Here's some pics of Winston.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 139

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello Melissa!
I am fairly new here but want to welcome YOU back! Oh I just love the wedding photo, and Winston in his tie! That is the greatest! I use a supplement for my dogs and it is called Kauffman's Stress Protection formula. They have a website- KA-HI.com I have dealt with them for years, as I used their products for my horses,also. If you want to talk about a solution,for something, they will gladly speak to you on the phone. I know everyone has their own favored product, and this is just my suggestion.
I had a Pomeranian, who had a cyst on her neck. It was fluid filled. I took her to the vet, and he drained it. After that(I knew it was not serious) it would fill about every 3 months, so I would drain it myself with a syringe(neck wet with alcohol.) Your family is a beautiful family!!! :yes:

OP
M

MelissaGV

Jan 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'll check out nuvet. Thanks! I need a supplement that tackles allergies and joint and good health overall. I keep hearing ads on radio about dinovit but haven't done any research on it yet.
I love that name Winston for a bully. I fits so well, doesn't it!?!?
and yes, I'm praying the bump is nothing serious. I just read an amazing book called "pukka's promise". It's all about dogs and good health to prolong their life. The one thing they talked about was getting biopsies of any bumps or fluid filled bumps on your dogs as it may be something more serious. If it is serious and they catch it early enough it can be easier to treat and recover from. With Winston being 7 I just wanna make sure I really check it out.
I am always praying that my Winnie will live a very very long and healthy life, as we all are.
Thanks for welcoming me!

OP
M

MelissaGV

Jan 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks for welcoming me! And welcome to you too! So, the fluid would fill every few months? Why did it do that? What was the vets explanation? Did they ever biopsy the fluid to see if it was cancerous at all? And, thanks for the supplement suggestions.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=7812]MelissaGV[/MENTION]
Winston is adorable, and I absolutely LOVE your wedding pics!!! Beautiful :luv:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
In answer to your "fluid" question. Yes, every few months the cyst would fill again. Honestly, it was quite a few years ago, and I can't remember the name he called it, but said it was "no big deal", so that's when I asked" if it came back, could I drain it myself?", as I have always done as much "doctoring" myself,as I could- once I get the diagnoses, and instructions-IF it is something that I am able to do. I used to work for a Vet. and when I first moved where I live-there were none-so alot of things, I learned the hard way! From panic!!!

The Pom got the cyst, the first time, when she was three. She live to be 17, so I guess it was NOT serious. (Also many vets, now are not so likely to say you could do things, yourself anymore-- due to too many "lawsuit crazy" people, who would do something they SHOULD NOT do,) and then sue the Dr.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hiya and welcome to the forum ;-)))

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN! Many her use supplements... nugget is a big one and there is another I can't think of right now.

What great wedding pictures, love you ring bearer.... Winston is one handsome boy!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... I hope you enjoy the site and feel free to post in the conversations. Your bully is adorable. ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome back Melissa, I remember that adorable wedding photo from one of our contests!

Let us know how the vet appointment goes, hopefully it's nothing serious.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:hiya:

Welcome back! Love your photos! Orion has a fluid cyst on her leg that we just had drained about a month ago. I swear, it's filled up again. It's been there for years, and that's all they say it is. A cyst.

They said they can remove it...but would wait until she is under for another reason first. I don't like putting them under, so it may stay there for a long long time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.