Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Hello,

I knew from my days in the Marines I would own a bulldog. We had a bulldog in our squadron that belonged to our CO and he lived in our duty hut. We took care of him when we were on duty. Such good memories!

Fast forward to about 5 months ago and that dream came true. He is named Gunny Highway after Clint Eastwood's Marines role in the movie Heartbreak Ridge. He is very playful and loves our two boys (8 & 6 yrs.) as well. He is very stubborn like I have read about the bully breed but, he is also very loving and protective as well. He is getting big so fast. He is now at 35 lbs. I knew beforehand but did not realize how special this breed truly is. Sure he is a little more high maintenance than other breeds but I wouldn't trade him for anything at this point. My wife was not a "dog person" but now you cannot separate those two.

I look forward to reading more and participating on this site. Thanks for having us!

His ride home 5 months ago............

Two weeks ago............

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs! Enjoy the site, much to learn, share and have loads of fun along the way.

Gunny is a handsome little guy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Jeff and welcome to you and Gunny. Your son and Gunny are so cute. So glad you joined EBN, I have learned so much on this site and there are so many great people on here always ready to answer your questions or share their experiences. Looking forward to seeing lots more pictures of Gunny, and to reading of your adventures of him. Enjoy the puppy stage it is the cutest time, and the craziest time, with the most work, but they grow so fast, so this phase doesn't last.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Once again :welcome: to the site my fellow brother. You will find the closeness of this family similar in nature to that of our brothers and sisters in the Corps. What Squadron were you a part of?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Both your guys are wonderful! I just love the picture of Gunny coming home. He was already in love with your son! So glad to have you..welcome to our family! :)

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Once again :welcome: to the site my fellow brother. You will find the closeness of this family similar in nature to that of our brothers and sisters in the Corps. What Squadron were you a part of?

I was in HMH-466 which was a CH-53 squadron.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome to this wonderful site! Oh how I LOVE the photo of your boys. It looks like they are both so enamored with each other-love at first meeting. You have done a wonderful thing for the pup and your family. I think the best thing for kids is a pet, whom they can love and learn to treat others with respect(including their animal bros and sisters.) I also THANK you for your service to our country, as I wish to thank anyone else on this site, who has served our country. ** What handsome boys you have!

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Here is a picture of our oldest son with Gunny when he was 3 months old.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Another wonderful photo!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Gunny and your sons are all adorable!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.