Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Here....

Hi and welcome to EBN. You already got great advice from members above, and agree that her symptoms are definitely allergy related, and the best thing you can do is put her back on a better quality food, and boost her immune system by adding plain unsweetened yogurt to her kibble, and apple cider vinegar to her drinking water.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN....You have gotten sound advice so I'll just say "Howdy"!!!! Enjoy the website and feel free to join right in.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Hi, and welcome, If it were me? I'd want to get her skin and diet on track by putting her on a grain free diet again. I believe there's less expensive food that are grain free now. shop wisely there's been lots of recalls, 9 years old, wow !!! a lovely senior,
    As for balancing her ph level, and getting her immune system back up and running, I'd give her a bath in Original blue Dawn in 1 cup of water just put a couple of squirts in the water. wash her up and rinse really well. Then in one gallon of water add one cup of white vinegar, pour over her and leave on, then dry with towel. you won't believe how clean she feels without having dry skin, and she'll smell great. I'd also give her a vitamin c tab and a zinc tab once a day with her food and a dollop of plain yogurt.
    You should keep up the Benadryl too , for a couple more weeks or is she is scratching

Please keep us posted on her condition.

First of all to EBN ... and secondly, Sherry has given you some great advice there!!!

All I would add is that if she still seems restless during the early morning you can give her a melatonin tablet about half an hour before it's bedtime. You can pick them up at any drugstore in the "herbal/natural" section. They may help her sleep.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

to the EBN family!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    magnolia "maggie"
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your advice...I never thought about putting yogurt in her food or the apple cider in her water? What are the benefits to this. I am definately going to get her back on her Limited Ingrediant food this weekend. This morning she woke up at 230 and was so restless, panting, and passing gas. She is crate trained but she is normaly not this bad during the night. My boyfriend works 1pm to 1030pm so he needs his sleep and if I crate her she will bark non stop..As you know bulldogs can be very stubborn..LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads