New member here :)

Jamie Ramsey

Sep 7, 2013
Mexico
Country
US living in Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Hi! I'm a long time English Bulldog lover, and about to be a first time owner. :) I get my little guy this November! I've been reading up on the breed and basically haven't left this site in over two days! I'm addicted to researching and knowing everything there is to know!

I am from the US, but just moved to Mexico a few months ago with my husband and my toddler. I have a few concerns about finding good quality food (looking into raw) but will post that on the food board later on. I live on a small island (and I mean small...5 miles long, .5 miles wide). So we don't have a large selection when it comes to dog food. I've only looked at one store yet (but it is the biggest) and all they carry are a million different types of Purina. So I will have to figure out a solution for that!

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself! I'm pretty excited and glad to found an active forum like this!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:smileywelcome: Looks like your on the right track to being sure your little fella has the best start in life! Can't wait to meet him through the pics you share once you have him home.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome: to EBN!!! Your little puppy is adorable... This forum is the best place to find info on your new bulldog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Jamie and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs! Best of luck in your food search and your little Bully baby looks to be a sweetie! Looking forward to more pictures an d the choosen name.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Welcome! You are doing everything the right way..good thinking on looking into food choices now. I'm not sure how Amazon works in Mexico but I saw Amazon has dog food and here if you're a Prime member it's free 2 day shipping. They have every brand I checked..maybe they have a program you could use.

Cant wait for lots of pictures! :)

OP
Jamie Ramsey

Jamie Ramsey

Sep 7, 2013
Mexico
Country
US living in Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm pretty excited and want to make sure I do everything right!

The only issue with Amazon is a lot of the dog food is not available to be shipped outside the US. And if I happen to find one that is, I'll be paying up to twice the price for shipping, taxes, and customs. :( So, $50 for dog food quickly becomes a $100-150 bag of dog food. Luckily I am just a boat ride away from the mainland, where there are more stores. I'll just have to go on a long search to try and find a good brand, then hope my dog will like it as well! lol. Cooking my own dog food or raw is sounding a lot more appealing!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
We have a member here who is Border Patrol..maybe [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] can help with the smuggling of dog food into Mexico?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: Like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said I think Amazon can deliver. Are you on the east coast of Mexico?

OP
Jamie Ramsey

Jamie Ramsey

Sep 7, 2013
Mexico
Country
US living in Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Thanks for the welcomes! :)

And I am on the east side of Mexico. But since dog food has meat in it, it's really hard to import over here. Most brands I've found on Amazon are only able to be delivered in the US. And if I do happen to find one that can be mailed here, I'll be paying $50-100 just for shipping, taxes, fees, and customs. :( On top of the bag of dog food. I'm thinking about doing home cooking and adding in a multi vitamin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am more than willing to bring dog food to you if you pay for my ticket to Mexico!! LOL!! Welcome!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.