Just got a English bulldog, need advice.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
You have clearly come to the right place!! do take time to read the articles, SO MUCH great info, and SO MANY helpful people for any questions, concerns, and major freak-outs you may encounter, GOOD LUCK!! and post photos ;)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Ok. First things first. By the power vested in me by the state of New York and and the Jack Webb fan club I say welcome to forum. It's a one stop shop for all your bulldog question, concerns and even a good laugh and cry from time to time.
Ok. Enough vaudeville.
If I was you I would bring the little guy to a vet straight away if you haven't already. Not for the heavy breathing. That can be common for bullies under stress (like the kind you get changing homes and parents) and can be normal for bullies period. That being said..... You always want to get your new friend checked out ASAP. It's just good business. Bully's got/get issues and the sooner you know what you got, the sooner you can correct it. Im sure your boy is just fine as far as his breathing.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:smileywelcome:Hi Rosalie and welcome to EBN. You have already gotten lots of great advice and comments. I agree it is probably stress from his new surroundings, and adjusting to a new family. Bulldogs are very sensitive and any changes in their routine, surroundings, or food can cause them stress. Just keep an eye on him, and he should settle down. Please keep us posted on how he's doing, and share your pictures of him.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello and :welcome: to ebn. im so glad you gave him a new home. it may take a bit for him to settle in but once he does things will calm down. sarah pants if she gets up lol not really but almost.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.