My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am a new member, Does anyone know a good breeder where I can adopt an English Bulldog Puppy, 2 to 5 months old. I thought I was getting a Puppy, but this breeder scammed me, and took my money and did not get my puppy. Thank You, My Otis

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am a new member, Does anyone know a good breeder where I can adopt an English Bulldog Puppy, 2 to 5 months old. I thought I was getting a Puppy, but this breeder scammed me, and took my money and did not get my puppy. Thank You, My Otis

Susan..I moved your thread to our Welcome and Intro forum. Please know, as per forum rules, no one can openly recommend a breeder. But...they may send you a Private Message with any recommendations they may have.
I see you are in North Carolina. I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope you are able to find the perfect Bully!

shanon0703

Aug 9, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Aww man, that stinks! :sorry: I was almost had by one of those nasty:censored: "scammers"(I'll be nice), too. Lucky for him though, I wasn't! :fight:lol
Unfortunately, I can't help, except with "moral support" but just know you're not alone! That just means it wasn't meant to be!! Don't worry, you'll find YOUR perfect bully baby!:mansfriend:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Welcome to EBN, Susan!

I too am sorry that happened to you but i know that you'll find a reputable breeder...just takes some time and patience. Good luck on your search!

:welcome:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope you have success in finding the perfect bully for you. If you aren't dead set on a puppy you might consider adopting an older bully. There is a rescue in your area called Bullies2theRescue and you can find more information on the wonderful bullies they have available and how to contact them directly right here in the Bullies for adoption forum.

Good Luck.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Sadly there are a lot of scammers out there trying to push bully pups where none exist and many people have been lured in and taken advantage of like you. As [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has mentioned we cannot publicly endorse any breeder via the open forums, but members can provide recommendations via private messaging to you. Good luck in your search and I hope you find a quality breeder or explore your local rescue.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Hi Susan, and welcome to EBN. So sorry you were scammed by someone, and didn't get the puppy you were waiting for, that totally sucks, and unfortunately you hear about it more and more. Where did you find the breeder from, and did you actually get to see the puppies before you bought one? , or was it a picture from a website. When I was looking for my puppies, I saw a few ads on the Internet that advertised puppies, and they wanted deposits for first pick of the litter, but in some cases the puppies weren't born yet, or they said you couldn't see the puppies as they were too young. A lot of the breeders were also located far away in other cities, or up North, so I opted to look for a more local breeder so I could actually see the puppies, and were they came from. My breeder was a private guy who had only had two litters, and the puppies were part of the family, the home was very clean, very nice people, but both my babies who are siblings and litter mates did have some genetic defects, that didn't come out until they were 5 months old. I knew that EB had breathing problems, and were prone to joint and hip problems, but didn't know how sensitive they were, or how many allergies they could have. I obviously love my two babies, and I have bonded with them, I would never trade them for the world, but knowing what I know now, and having learned all the things I've learned from EBN, I would definitely do my homework, and research more for a reputable breeder, and ask a lot more questions of the breeder regarding the parents, and past litters etc. I hope you know how to contact this breeder and get your money back, and I hope you are able to find a reputable breeder in your area, and find your bully baby. I live in Canada so don't know anyone in your area, plus I'm not experienced enough regarding food breeders. Again sorry you're going through this, it must be both maddening and heartbreaking.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: sorry you got ripped off. Have you considered rescuing a Bulldog? It can be very fulfilling and there are plenty of folks here that can attest to that.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My breeder I got Luca from has one baby left for the season but you would have to come to Long island to get him. They Dom like to ship their dogs for obvious reasons. Your only about 10 hours away. My girlfriend just got back from the outer banks so I know the drive :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Welcome to EBN! I am sorry you had to go through that! Its amazing what people will do these days :( If you need any help with looking for rescues and contacting please do not hesistate to message me :) It may be hard to find a puppy in that age range who is in rescue. Not all but most puppies in rescue may have health issues but like I said not all! It will be challenging but maybe we can find you a tad bit older :) Let me know if there is anything I can help you with :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so sorry you were scammed. I've had people tell me they were scammed up to $1600 in the end for a free puppy- it's awful!

Please read the puppy buying tips and learn more about finding an EB as well as what to watch out for. Unfortunately it's not just scammers- but puppy mills, brokers, importers and more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Thats terrible! It never ceases to amaze me how low some people can stoop. All ,my friends are 4 legged now!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN....so sorry you were scammed and I hope you find a new bully baby soon

B

Baxter Tiberius

That sucks!!! Definitely a good idea to ask around for reputable breeders this time. Guaranteed results :)

Good luck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online