URGENT-long time guest, first post.. looking for new family for my baby... distressed

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
I have spent the past hour reading this thread...with a full realm of emotion. I am so happy for you and Maggie :jumpdance: I am learning so much from you and your situation. Not only about this condition but how much people truly care and want to help. Most of us are strangers here... even though we know each others user names. The people on this site are truly amazing!! Keep the updates coming for Maggie and can't wait to see a pic of her in a few weeks to see her progress. Good job mama :up:

Last edited:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
This is so awesome! I'm so happy for you and Maggie! Keep up the amazing work!! :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
*clapping* YAY!!! Take a deep breath of relief!!! I will keep praying!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've been silently following this thread, cause I can't really help in this case. But now I have to say how happy I am for you and wonderful this group of people here are. It is so great that a heart braking story can turn to heart worming in this short time.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Happy to hear the quantity of tremors are reducing. Keep us posted on her progress! :)

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Here are the lab work results. I can't interpret any of it, except that it clearly says her cholesterol and platelet count are high.
What are y'alls thoughts?

View attachment Maggie Test Results-.pdf
Can y'all even read this? I can type it all out it its not legible.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
i have no understanding of the test results only that high is i'm sure not a good thing :) hopefully someone that has full understanding will be here soon to help you with it.......i do want to say i have been reading and keeping up with all that you have going on , reading that the tremors are not as often makes me smile, i'm know things will be perfect soon :) hugsssssssssssssssss ....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here are the lab work results. I can't interpret any of it, except that it clearly says her cholesterol and platelet count are high.

View attachment 54791
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] @deserskybulldogs

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

View attachment 54791

Before I look any further, was this test run on a 12 or 8 hour fast?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Before I look any further, was this test run on a 12 or 8 hour fast?

First of all just SO pleased that there has already been signs of progress in the right direction!!!!! :jumping:

Secondly, can't wait to see what [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] makes of the result .... Bev is "awesome on a stick"!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@desertskybulldogs I will definitely post an "after pic." I am certain there will be a difference. @traceylynn172 That is just how it is with Maggie. During the shakes, I have tried giving her honey, peanut butter, and even letting her chew a rawhide. During the actual eating or chewing her head would be still. But as soon as she was done it would start back up again... With the rawhide, her head would bob if she wasn't actively chewing.. like if she paused to rest her jaw or change her grip on it or something... And they lasted anywhere from 2-15 minutes.. ususally closer to 15 than 2.

However, after making sure she gets more water and changing her feeding schedule and supplimenting with honey, bannanas, eggs and peanut butter, she has only had 2 or 3 episodes. and they have only lasted a few seconds. I can not believe the difference.

Here is her new schedule...
around 7am - 1 scrambled egg, 1/4 of a bannana, and a squirt of honey. I put water in her bowl just before she is done, that way she has to drink the water to get to the rest of the food.
around 2 or 3pm - 1/4 of a bannana and a bowl full of water with a little chicken broth added (its the best way for me to make sure she will actually drink all of it)
around 5 or 6pm - 2 - 2 1/2cups food with 1 glob of yogurt and a squirt of honey
around 10pm - a spoonful of peanut butter (with a benedryl if I feel she needs it) and a bowl of water (again with the broth)

I will probably start adding kibble to breakfast and subtracting a little from dinner,... but a little at a time.
She has water available at all times, but I notice she does not drink as much as the other dogs (or as much as my Pudge used to) So, that's why the "special water"

So far, So good... She is completely spoiled rotten

Anyway, I got a call from the vet today. They said her test results showed nothing that would contribute to her head tremors and that the next step is a neurologist.
I will pick up the results tomorrow on my way to work and post them here for y'alls opinions..

For now, I am soaring! My baby is not in any immediate danger, she is happy and.... so far at least, I get to KEEP her!!!

ABSOLUTELY BEYOND over the moon in happiness for you and your baby!! Keep us updated and this is so freakin AWESOME!! Great, great work Mama!

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]
They didn't tell me to do any fasting with her... she had an egg, 1/4 bannana, an orange slice, and about a teaspoon of honey around 7 am.. the blood was drawn at about 11:30am.

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]... I take that back (I am getting my days all mixed up and don't have her journal with me)..
She only had an egg that morning

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just want you to know I've been reading this thread, and I'm so amazed at the amount of support & love on here!!! I have nothing to add, but I've been praying for sweet Maggie... :pray:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online