Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: URGENT-long time guest, first post.. looking for new family for my baby... distressed

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: URGENT-long time guest, first post.. looking for new family for my baby... distressed

Quote Originally Posted by PudgyMommy View Post
    .. I've taken several videos, I'll email it to someone if they can post a video

You can post them on youtube or if you send them to me, I can do it for you. Videos are important if we are going to help you

bpolite@verizon.net

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: URGENT-long time guest, first post.. looking for new family for my baby... distressed

Well I live in Fulshear, west of Houston, and don't know of anyone looking at the moment, but I will keep my ears open. Jen and Mandy at EBRN Houston are great people and may take her if you run out of options. I have their numbers if you need them. I have a full house at the moment so I can't take, plus going out of town next weekend. Keep in touch and let me know how it is going, and like I said we can contact Jen or Mandy. The other thing is throw that rawhide away, as they are bad news for bullies.
    Last edited by Davidh; 09-02-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Twice,.. thanks for the links... checking them out now.. actually College Station os not too far.. about a 40 min drive
    @kazzy220, I have actually watched that video already.. The whole article on this site about the head tremors really helped bring down the panic level when this all started and helped to consider that the issue and not jump to the seizure conclusion... And yes, that is very similer to what my Mags does.. only hers are much more pronounced.. I've taken several videos, I'll email it to someone if they can post a video
    That's what I hoped you would say, and after reading the articles we've all mentioned on here then you must know that it is not something that can be treated. We just need to focus now on what is causing them. I'm sure you already know that there are two thoughts on what causes head tremors. The low blood sugar is one thought. So you may want to consider taking her total meals for the day and start splitting them into 5 or 6 smaller meals so that if it is low blood sugar then there will never be enough space in between meals for blood sugar to drop below a certain level. You may even want to add a little more protein to the meals because that can have a much more steadying effect on blood sugar than carbs and veggies etc.

Also, you said you had her on Fromm. How long has she been fully on it and have you switched the protein source recently??

Now on to another thought of what causes them. Stress, over-excitement, anything that brings her into a heightened state. So you need to take into consideration her surroundings. Has something happened or changed that could be freaking her out at all??

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Just another thought .. you say she is on Benadryl and that you are still battling with hot spots??? If that's the case then there is a high likelihood that the food she's on isn't quite the right one. Could that be causing the head tremors. Well, let's just say that before discovering EBN I had Maggie on beneful and knew no better. They head tremors disappeared with the Fromm food. Could be a coincidence but I'm not convinced that is the case!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pudge RIP, and Maggie
    Likes (Received)

She transitioned very quickly to the Fromm..(within a week or two) she just liked it better and quickly refused to eat the other food.. she has been on nothing but the Fromm for about 6 weeks now.. the hot spots were during the transition and during a very high pollen count out here.. my Weim had some troubles too.. the benedryl is now just to keep general allergies under control.. cuz once the hot spots start it is hard to get them under control.. I don't want them to start.. I also kinda guage how bad the dogs are having allergies by how much eye goopies and watering they have. If their eyes are good, I'll skip the benedryl... If their eyes are yucky, they get it... Today my boys are mowing and the dove hunters have been out in force... so the allergens are flying around like crazy.. I'll limit the outside time for all the dogs and give benedryl tonight..

I will try spreading her food out over the day. She doesn't get any additional protein besides her food and yogurt.. I thought about putting a dab of honey with the food too..

Also, I talked to Lisa (from here) and I am going to do some extra hydrating to see if that helps too... she has access to water at all times, but I am gonna get creative and get more fluids in her. Also, I am abuut to email her some video.

I did take the rawhide away... I don't ordinarily give them to her.. (Cato gets them cuz he can chew on the same one for days and days) I just tried it to see if it would distract her from the shaking.. As soon as the episode was over, I took the rawhide away.

Good News... some people from work, have all put together some money so I can take Mags to the vet tomorrow for an initial visit... Like I said before, Maggie goes everywhere with me and that includes my part time job a couple of days a week.. Everyone there loves her to death. The vet is near work, so I won;t have to figure out the gas thing.. I'll have enough to get to work and back with a detour at the vet... not sure how Ill re-pay my co-workers,.. maybe pick up some of their duties here and there.. I am so grateful.. and humbled

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I'm very late to this, and I have no other advice than what you've been given. I do lean to the head tremors. @kazzy220 is telling you about. These aren't life threatening and if you can find her trigger and a way to dispel them, it should be manageable. And maybe go to the Four Star line of Fromm? I believe you said she is on the Classic? Just a thought..food is such a big deal. Thank you for trusting us enough to share your story. As you can tell, there are so many huge hearts here..wishing you the best.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She transitioned very quickly to the Fromm..(within a week or two) she just liked it better and quickly refused to eat the other food.. she has been on nothing but the Fromm for about 6 weeks now.. the hot spots were during the transition and during a very high pollen count out here.. my Weim had some troubles too.. the benedryl is now just to keep general allergies under control.. cuz once the hot spots start it is hard to get them under control.. I don't want them to start.. I also kinda guage how bad the dogs are having allergies by how much eye goopies and watering they have. If their eyes are good, I'll skip the benedryl... If their eyes are yucky, they get it... Today my boys are mowing and the dove hunters have been out in force... so the allergens are flying around like crazy.. I'll limit the outside time for all the dogs and give benedryl tonight..

I will try spreading her food out over the day. She doesn't get any additional protein besides her food and yogurt.. I thought about putting a dab of honey with the food too..

Also, I talked to Lisa (from here) and I am going to do some extra hydrating to see if that helps too... she has access to water at all times, but I am gonna get creative and get more fluids in her. Also, I am abuut to email her some video.

I did take the rawhide away... I don't ordinarily give them to her.. (Cato gets them cuz he can chew on the same one for days and days) I just tried it to see if it would distract her from the shaking.. As soon as the episode was over, I took the rawhide away.

Good News... some people from work, have all put together some money so I can take Mags to the vet tomorrow for an initial visit... Like I said before, Maggie goes everywhere with me and that includes my part time job a couple of days a week.. Everyone there loves her to death. The vet is near work, so I won;t have to figure out the gas thing.. I'll have enough to get to work and back with a detour at the vet... not sure how Ill re-pay my co-workers,.. maybe pick up some of their duties here and there.. I am so grateful.. and humbled

Keep us posted on what happens .. and yes try spreading out the food, and a little honey with her food certainly wouldn't do any harm!!!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so HAPPY you won't have to be giving your baby up!!! I balled while reading your thread to my husband because I KNOW I'd feel the same way about my Sheldon I was looking at my bills last night to see if there was any way I could help. Reading this and all the help everyone is trying the put forth makes me feel so fortunate to be a part of this forum!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The shaking only starts when she is sleeping... if it wakes her up, it still continues... but they only start when she is asleep.
    This is normally when head tremors begin -- is when they are in a relaxed state/sleeping. Banks is like this, her tremors only occur when she is waking or sleeping. We noticed with her - it is any change in her routine/schedule or her Daddy is away for any length of time. My b/f dog/house sits for friends of ours a few times a year for a week and while he is gone her tremors kick in
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pudge RIP, and Maggie
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so today has been a little better. Maggie still had 4 or 5 episodes, but all but one of them was pretty mild.
    After talking to Lisa and reading all y'alls posts, I am feeling better. (btw, @desertskybulldogs you are welcome to post the videos I sent, maybe they would be useful to someone once we get this figured out)
    Anyway, I'll post tomorrow evening about how the vet visit goes... keep your fingers and toes crossed.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so today has been a little better. Maggie still had 4 or 5 episodes, but all but one of them was pretty mild.
    After talking to Lisa and reading all y'alls posts, I am feeling better. (btw, @desertskybulldogs you are welcome to post the videos I sent, maybe they would be useful to someone once we get this figured out)
    Anyway, I'll post tomorrow evening about how the vet visit goes... keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Best of luck.... please do keep us posted.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

I agree about the blood - sugar thing. I would do that and see. I also switched my bully to Fourth Star Fromm food and she does amazingly on it - I never realized how much food plays into health until I began talking with people on here! I am so glad to hear you don't have to give her up right away. I sure hope to hear it is something mild causing the tremors such as change in routine/food etc! I wondered if you did give her up if that would just stress her out more and make them worse... so I am glad you are able to take her to the vet! I hope things all go well! Keep us posted!

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads