Hello names joe

dirkduiggler

Aug 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
New to the site and hope meet people within the bulldog owning community i am also looking for breeder within my area but haven't had any luck still looking though lol

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome here. I'm sure you will get a lot of good advice in this forum on what to look for from a breeder

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
My first bit of advice is do all the research you can and when you contact a breeder ask if you can visit their kennel and see their dogs and specifically the sire and dam of the dog you may be interested in, if they are not willing to do that then look elsewhere. And ask for references from past buyers who have gotten a dog or dogs from them

OP
D

dirkduiggler

Aug 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Welcome here. I'm sure you will get a lot of good advice in this forum on what to look for from a breeder
Thanks it has been a pain trying to find a puppy two months ago i lost my 8 year old Chihuahua to cancer and i always wanted a english bulldog so i started looking and all i have found is a scammer who stole 300$.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3:
If you share what area you live in, then people can PM you with recommendations if they know of a good breeder they can recommend in your area.
We can't openly endorse any breeder here.
But the best way to find the best breeders is by word of mouth.
Good luck with your search.

OP
D

dirkduiggler

Aug 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I live in maine honestly when i was younger you could find bulldogs everywhere from pet stores to the breeders them selves now it's almost impossible here i did find a guy in New Hampshire that says i should come down and see the dogs but it's just finding the time

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your search I know it will be frustrating and can take a very long time to find the right one. It took us well over 5 years to find the right match for us. Be sure to ask lots ans lots of questions.

OP
D

dirkduiggler

Aug 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your search I know it will be frustrating and can take a very long time to find the right one. It took us well over 5 years to find the right match for us. Be sure to ask lots ans lots of questions.
Thanks i thought of adopting one but it seems they are either not good with other dogs/cats and/or children

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello and welcome! i wish you good luck in your search, also. When I located Pups I was interested in, I also asked who the breeder's veterinarian was, and spoke to him also,
about the breeder, and their pups, and past pups, and how long he had been their Vet. and any known health issues with parents,pups, or past pups.Of course, things can happen =but wanted to START OUT with healthy pups!:detective2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... best of luck in your search for your new baby~

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome joe! Please be sure to read the puppy buying tips, it will really help you on your search for a good breeder in your area.

Also, as for the rescues, it wouldn't hurt to fill out an application, they will only match you up with a bully that is right for your family.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Give a rescue some thought...I adopted Jenna from a rescue about a year & a half ago, she's a great dog. Healthy, except for needing grain/chicken free food, is great with my grand kids (6, 4, 3 & 2) and after the first few weeks is now good friends with the cat. It took some time to get her into the shape she is in now but still probably less work than a puppy. She was a puppymill breeder & I got her at age3. I was going to adopt a different bulldog, but the rescue ask me to meet Jenna instead thought she would be a better fit with the grand kids, they were right...no regrets don't know what we did without her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome3: to EBN ... good luck in your search, I hope you find a reputable breeder and the bulldog love of your life :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online