First Time EB owner

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN..... thank you for all you do for rescue babies, Bully or not it is awesome

OP
AJnSJ

AJnSJ

Aug 26, 2013
Bay Area, Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
Apparently we are stopping here. 2 minutes of walking require 10 minutes of rest
vy4u2yha.jpg

AJ

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Thank you for rescuing Ozzy and he is a beautiful looking boy.

Hope you enjoy it here on the forum

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey AJ and Sj and :smileywelcome: to Ozzy. Your definitely in the right place, and have an excellent question. Both of my Bully's on the first day at home, Did the humping thing, anytime they got close, and this is one of a couple of things, one is excitement, the second is establishing dominance. I started out with both of them, a couple days a piece, feeding them by hand, One kibble at a time, from me….. The pack leader, the third day was a new day, the problem of dominance was solved for them. My knowledge was found from a book "Raising your Dog, with the Monks of New Skete" In the confines of this book, written by Masters of the Canine world, was explained so many questions, I found mind boggling up until this time. The crate for instance is much considered to be a Den, the detentions are defined for your Pet, Training, Feeding, Training, Obedience, These Monks have raised and Trained Dogs for many law Enforcement Agencies, One of which I had the experience of meeting years ago. These pets were focused like no other I had been around, and the best trained Law Enforcement Canines in the industry, They cover so many things in their book, it's regrettable I don't have space to go into each one and the detail it would take to describe Questions and Answers. these guys are good at what they do, and I can say I learned tons of information from reading their book. I would suggest it to anyone wanting to expand their knowledge. But first take control of your pack and be the leader.

This site is filled with experience, and all about the safety and happiness of our Bully's. I did notice on your profile and many others, that you listed your location as USA, which is very vague, I myself am from Louisiana, One of the MOST IMPORTANT things I had to learn and was critically important to my Rocky, was Bull Dogs cannot take heat. Louisiana has a vast summer, lots of humidity, Rocky and Rambo love car rides, Temperatures outside soar in the upper 90's everyday. Simple things like starting your vehicle, pre-cooling, carrying a iced bottle water, things like this are very important in my area, and other areas across the south. Some of the membership live up North, I'm sure those guys have different dangers with cold weather, When posting a question, knowing what region you live in presents different threats, and even though you live in the USA, a specific region could mean the difference of a member giving you advise on their region, or the region that actually effects you and your Bully. Please take your shoes off, Toss Ozzy a grain free treat, and enjoy all the site has to offer. Looking foreword to reading your posts. :yes:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome! Thanks so much for volunteering ... You're an everyday hero!

Ozzie's quite a cutie !

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
:welcome3: to EBN! I'm a first time bully buddy too. I've had Dudley since he was 8 weeks old -- he's 2 1/2 now. It's an amazing experience you will never regret. It may make you crazy, but you'll be able to join the club with the rest of us!

OP
AJnSJ

AJnSJ

Aug 26, 2013
Bay Area, Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
:welcome3: to EBN! I'm a first time bully buddy too. I've had Dudley since he was 8 weeks old -- he's 2 1/2 now. It's an amazing experience you will never regret. It may make you crazy, but you'll be able to join the club with the rest of us!

Thank you. I am really loving this beast!!
ryqedapy.jpg

AJ

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online