Hello to Everyone!

EmmaOnDuty

Aug 21, 2013
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Blue
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to all the wonderful people here! You all have helped me, the hubby, and our bully girl Emma sooo much!
We adopted our lil 3-year-old gal around 5 weeks ago from breeders. She had had babies, complications with stitches shortly thereafter which ended up in a spay. 4 weeks later, she's on her way home with us.
She's had some issues with yeast/fungus in her nose rope/wrinkle, ears and I think even between her eyes, some pink in her face and little bumps on her head, hair loss (not balding, although she did have one spot on her back the vet thought may have been the remnants of a hotspot, as per a negative skinscrape), an interdigital cyst...oh and we won't even talk about her demeanor...poor thing was scared of everything! Ummm, I think that's it...haha! Bless this baby's heart, she's been through it! But, thanks to this forum, we've got her feeling and looking a lot better! (And thanks to patience, persistence, and some Cesar Millan books, we've got her more confident and upbeat and behaving more like the sweet doggie she is!) Anyway, I'm convinced 60% of her issues are/were stress-related and 40% diet/allergy related. Unbenounced to any of you, you've aided us first-time scared and confused EB owners in nursing this girl back to a much healthier bully...and for that we can't thank you enough!!!
So, here's a huge hello and a huge thanks to you all! Now, off I go to find a good posting place for my gabillion questions and hopefully be able to help others who are going through what we've been through...and dig out my laptop asap so I can share some pics with you guys!
Again, thanks so much,
Emma's Momma :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and glad Emma is doing better. That's what makes this forum so great, as we all help each other with our bullies. Can't wait to see some pics of her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So wonderful you found us and GOD bless you for giving Emma a safe
and loving home. Welcome to EBN & Congratulations on getting Emma!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. Glad to hear Emma is on the road to recovery.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
:smileywelcome: to you and Emma! Thank you for taking such good care of what sounds like a sweet bully! Look forward to seeing lots of pics!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So glad Emma is doing well! Get those pictures posted quick! We want to see your baby!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome: to EBN!!! We can't wait to see pics of Emma!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.....As I read you intro I kept thinking.... 'What kind of garbage food was that breeder feeding this poor girl?" . Thanx for signing up to be a member and hope we can be of some help.
About the pix:
:pics:

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
A Big Welcome to you and Emma!!!!

I am with the others.... where are the Pics??????

OP
EmmaOnDuty

EmmaOnDuty

Aug 21, 2013
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Blue
:smileywelcome: to EBN.....As I read you intro I kept thinking.... 'What kind of garbage food was that breeder feeding this poor girl?" . Thanx for signing up to be a member and hope we can be of some help.
About the pix:
:pics:

Thank you so much...and yeah, I finally got at least an avatar and profile pic! As far as the food, they told me Diamond...which I believe was puppy food and other things to benefit her milk production and, thus, the puppies, were what they were feeding her. (Her puppies were beautiful and healthy little boogers, btw.) They did tell me they had her transitioned back to adult Diamond, but, now that I'm a teensy bit smarter about it, I wonder..? Either way, she didn't care for the Diamond. In a weeks time, which she didn't even eat the first two days, she had gotten to the point where she was barely grazing. She wasn't excited about eating, didn't seem to care, didn't seem to like it. I was worried sick, thinking it was all a part of the transition (we were new, she had just been seperated from her puppies, new environment, etc), but the hubby said, 'This food is not working, we gotta change it!' So, we did our research, mostly here, and decided it was the best idea, and chose NVI LID Lamb in the hopes she wouldn't have any allergy problems with it...annnnd so far, so good! We're dealing with a slight bout of constipation, but I've been watering it down a bit, adding some canned, and I'm going today to get some pumpkin, so hopefully we'll have that under control asap! We transitioned fairly quick, though. I know I should take it very slow, but she adored the food and with replacing a little at a time, within five days, she ran out of the Diamond. I really didn't wanna go buy another bag of this food she despised just for a few more days, so I hope I didn't go too quick and upset her belly, which she otherwise seems very happy. But, I'm determined to fix it as quick as possible. :yes:

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Food is a hit and miss with these crazy animals and it seems like every one of them is different .Grain and gluten free with no chicken is the basic to look for. other ingredients is a trial and error thing. Our Gracie does best on Fromm Beel Fritatta may not work at all for others. Very slow transition is best.A food rep told me that he puts a tablespoon of pumpkin in each serving during the transition is a big help also.
Our baby Amy is still on Fromm Puppy in the Pink bag.

OP
EmmaOnDuty

EmmaOnDuty

Aug 21, 2013
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Blue
Thanks to you all for such a warm welcome! It's wonderful to be among such nice, helpful people and all these beautiful bullies!!! :drawheart:
I'm so thankful for finding this place, being accepted here, and proud to be a bully owner! I want to share with you guys Em's 'before and after' because I want you guys to see what you've helped me accomplish in the 3-4 short weeks we've had her...
Day 2: 774.JPG

Today (which is my avatar pic, too!): 1185229_570140493043111_966466801_n.jpg

Give yourselves a hand...for real! :clap:
We're gettin' there...one day at a time, one issue at a time! :)

OP
EmmaOnDuty

EmmaOnDuty

Aug 21, 2013
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Blue
Food is a hit and miss with these crazy animals and it seems like every one of them is different .Grain and gluten free with no chicken is the basic to look for. other ingredients is a trial and error thing. Our Gracie does best on Fromm Beel Fritatta may not work at all for others. Very slow transition is best.A food rep told me that he puts a tablespoon of pumpkin in each serving during the transition is a big help also.
Our baby Amy is still on Fromm Puppy in the Pink bag.

In my very little experience, I agree with you totally! The whole 'grains and chicken' was my reason for choosing NVI, and LID because I have no idea what this baby is allergic to, so figured less is better, and I can add and take away other items from her diet. I've been giving her yogurt in the morning, and she loooves it! Then added the NVI LID Beef canned, just a tablespoon mixed with the dry, and she loves it, too. I wanted to give her a little extra or variant because I tried giving her strawberries, bananas, and apples, and she snorted at them...hah!
I do so wish I had've slowed it down a bit, it was about a 7 day process with the initial changeover, then slowly added the yogurt, but she just seemed like she felt so much better. She wasn't near as lethargic, etc. If I have to change her again, it'll be a much more knowledgable, slower process!
And thank you so much for sharing your advice and experience with me! It is ALWAYS appreciated! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like you are doing well and have thought out what will work best for your baby. I only relate what has worked for us as a comparison because I know how different they can be. We also add a few supplements to their diets such as cranberry pills as a preventative to UTI but first it is necessary to get their main diet settled in place before adding.

OP
EmmaOnDuty

EmmaOnDuty

Aug 21, 2013
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Blue
Sounds like you are doing well and have thought out what will work best for your baby. I only relate what has worked for us as a comparison because I know how different they can be. We also add a few supplements to their diets such as cranberry pills as a preventative to UTI but first it is necessary to get their main diet settled in place before adding.

Awesome! See, I was wondering about supplements ie. cranberry, fish oil, something for joints, but didn't know if it was a good idea to do that now or wait or what? :) Any recommendations for a good joint supplement? And dosage recommendations for the cranberry or fish oil or some type of oil for her skin and coat?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.