JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:hug: and :pray: from my gang to you and Fat Girl #2. Sad that she has to go through this for such a preventable thing. I experienced how sick they can get when Sally (my 7yo rescue) had her first rabies shot a few months ago. I will be thinking of #2 and hoping she doesn't have any serious complications from her second round.

:welcome: to EBN too! So glad you found us!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending prayers to you & Harley!!! :pray:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our thoughts and prayers are with her and you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Positive thoughts, prayers and hugs to all of you..... Please keep us posted on her status

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Harley, hope it goes smoother for you this time. Welcome to EBN

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
asking for thoughts and prayers... our Harley (aka Fat girl # 2 ) is our 2 year old rescue... she is going through her second round of heartworm treatment today..... the first round made her pretty sick, so I am worried about this round, as our vet told us this round is much harder on them.... the vet is keeping her for 3 nights.. not sure who misses her more, my husband and I or our Mollie (aka Fat girl #1) ..... hoping Harley pulls through this without any complications!

We have been going through heartworm treatment since may with our 10 year old rescue! It's not easy! She started her month long prescription of doxycycline 3 months ago, she had her first shot two months ago and she had her last round of shots a month ago. We just got back from the vet today where she received her first oral treatment of Ivermectin which she will have again in 3 weeks. The shots are by far the worst part, keeping her calm was easy because of her age.

I will be thinking of you and Harley! I know what you are going through and like I said, it's not an easy treatment at all but before you know it Harley will be feeling much better and it will all be over with! Adopting a HW positive dog isn't easy but just think of the life you saved! Best of luck and keep me updated with the treatment and I'm here if you ever need to vent about it! :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley and I are sending hugs and bully kisses to the whole family!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Harley.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am not sure you want to be in my thoughts, :evil: but you got it!! On the serious side, let us know right away how it is going. We all get real anxious when we know one of our bullies is not feeling well!!

OP
C

cccavet

Aug 2, 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Mollie and Harley AKA Fat Girl #1 and Fat Girl # 2
thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.. we pick up our fat girl this morning.. and she is resting comfortably.... fingers crossed that she continues to do well.....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im late to this but ive been through this with sarah. she had heartworms a couple of years ago. her treatment was not as extensive as what you are going through but it was bad enough. the shots are the worst of it. im around to if you need to talk. bless you for doing this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.