New to the board & bd

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've always wanted an EB and made the decision to get one about 2 weeks after loosing my last Rottweiler to Cancer :( I bought Emma Saturday July 6th @ 9 1/2 weeks old.
Sunday (7th) she was acting really laid back I thought it was odd but I had been told they are a laid back breed.
Monday (8th) she acted depressed but was eating, drinking and playing I thought it may have been the move to a new home.
Tuesday (9th) Something was deff wrong not eating a lot more depressed & a loose stool (I took a sample) so I took her to my vet. She was put on an antibiotic & SD i/d food (stool sample showed a bit more than normal Bacteria)
Wednesday (10th) Things had gone downhill FAST I rushed her to my vet and they did a Parvo test......... STRONGLY POSiTIVE :( In all my life of dogs Ive never experienced this nor do I EVER want to again. It had to have been the most heart wrenching thing I had ever seen. 2 1/2 weeks after loosing my BFF Rotti I may just loose the sweetest puppy I've met. My vet informed me that it was going to get wayyyyyy worse. I opted to care for her at home I have the knowledge of being up all night with pups as well as Sub Q fluids, shots. My Vet also came out twice a day Bless her heart she's the best!!!!!
Wednesday afternoon to Thursday Vomiting started. By Friday morning things were looking bleak my vet said to prepare myself she didn't think Emma would make it. She barely raised her head when I'd speak to her. I cried all day long had been in contact with the breeder who felt horrible and actually wanted me to bring her back so they could get her through this at their expense but I couldn't bring myself to do it I was invested and bonded. By 5:30 pm watching her go down hill I had thought maybe I should let the Breeder get her through this. 2 Weeks earlier I had watched my Rottweiler die could I handle another I just couldn't think clearly after being up 2 days. My vet was coming out at about 6-6:30 I told the breeder I would call them after she came and checked on Emma. In the 45 min before my vet came I prayed the hardest I have prayed in a long time PLEASE help her through this I can watch her die I even said give it to me I'll fight it for her anything just let her live.
My vet came at 6:15 we cried we talked and I told her my thoughts she said well let me take a look at her. I opened the crate to reach in and pick her up cause she literally had not stood up unless she had to potty, she came out of there like a shooting star ran to my vet excited hyper playing grabbed a ball crazy normal puppy stuff. That my friends IMHO was a Miracle :yes:
So in the days and weeks to follow we have had on again off again runny stools switching from the SD i/d to SLOWLY switching back to her food. maybe 2 days on her food alone no i/d the stool goes right back to runny. I think it is her food, she came to us on Royal Canin BD she gets no treats or table food I always use a dogs food for treats and it's worked well. I just bought Fromm today so once her stools are normal I'll mix that slowly with the i/d until she's on Fromm only.

We have also had a run in with cherry eye I've been told by several people take it out and I cringe.... So does my vet.....

We've also run into the tail pocket issue due to my own ignorance not getting it dry enough I guess.

I wouldn't give Emma up for anything in this world and in a way I'm thankfully it hasn't been easy I find when I have hard lessons I learn a lot faster LOL

So we'll see what the Fromms does for Emma, I'm stocking up on a lot of the grooming stuff that's talked about on here. How do you get their tail pockets dry after a bath? Emma's is very hard to get your finger in so it's tight.
Thank you all so much for making us feel so welcome :D any help advise given would be greatly Appreciated :D :D :D

You my dear are her guardian angel..... Thank you for hanging I there and giving her the love and care she needed to pull through.... She is a beauty!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
How is that Baby doing????

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi Jill and Emma, welcome to EBN, you will love it on this site. There is so much great information, and a great group of members who will answer your questions and share their advice and experiences. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and lots of pictures of Emma as she grows.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.