"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the board & bd

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Lampkin View Post
    Hi everyone new to the Forum and the Breed. Miss Emma is 4 months old and is our first EBD
    Um...you cannot say something like that WITHOUT photos. It's a rule.

LOL

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to you and Emma! Now about those pictures....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Jill Welcome to EBN can't wait to see pics of your fur baby Emma make yourself at home.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma
    Likes (Received)

I use my phone. How can I post a pic

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Dudley and I just wanted to say hi. So glad you found EBN! You'll get lots of good info and advice. We all love our bullies -- and everyone else's. Please post some photos of Emma -- we have to see her!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Everyone Here is Miss Emma AKA Fatty <3
    -emma3-jpg -emma-jpg -emma4-jpg

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma
    Likes (Received)

I've always wanted an EB and made the decision to get one about 2 weeks after loosing my last Rottweiler to Cancer I bought Emma Saturday July 6th @ 9 1/2 weeks old.
    Sunday (7th) she was acting really laid back I thought it was odd but I had been told they are a laid back breed.
    Monday (8th) she acted depressed but was eating, drinking and playing I thought it may have been the move to a new home.
    Tuesday (9th) Something was deff wrong not eating a lot more depressed & a loose stool (I took a sample) so I took her to my vet. She was put on an antibiotic & SD i/d food (stool sample showed a bit more than normal Bacteria)
    Wednesday (10th) Things had gone downhill FAST I rushed her to my vet and they did a Parvo test......... STRONGLY POSiTIVE In all my life of dogs Ive never experienced this nor do I EVER want to again. It had to have been the most heart wrenching thing I had ever seen. 2 1/2 weeks after loosing my BFF Rotti I may just loose the sweetest puppy I've met. My vet informed me that it was going to get wayyyyyy worse. I opted to care for her at home I have the knowledge of being up all night with pups as well as Sub Q fluids, shots. My Vet also came out twice a day Bless her heart she's the best!!!!!
    Wednesday afternoon to Thursday Vomiting started. By Friday morning things were looking bleak my vet said to prepare myself she didn't think Emma would make it. She barely raised her head when I'd speak to her. I cried all day long had been in contact with the breeder who felt horrible and actually wanted me to bring her back so they could get her through this at their expense but I couldn't bring myself to do it I was invested and bonded. By 5:30 pm watching her go down hill I had thought maybe I should let the Breeder get her through this. 2 Weeks earlier I had watched my Rottweiler die could I handle another I just couldn't think clearly after being up 2 days. My vet was coming out at about 6-6:30 I told the breeder I would call them after she came and checked on Emma. In the 45 min before my vet came I prayed the hardest I have prayed in a long time PLEASE help her through this I can watch her die I even said give it to me I'll fight it for her anything just let her live.
    My vet came at 6:15 we cried we talked and I told her my thoughts she said well let me take a look at her. I opened the crate to reach in and pick her up cause she literally had not stood up unless she had to potty, she came out of there like a shooting star ran to my vet excited hyper playing grabbed a ball crazy normal puppy stuff. That my friends IMHO was a Miracle
    So in the days and weeks to follow we have had on again off again runny stools switching from the SD i/d to SLOWLY switching back to her food. maybe 2 days on her food alone no i/d the stool goes right back to runny. I think it is her food, she came to us on Royal Canin BD she gets no treats or table food I always use a dogs food for treats and it's worked well. I just bought Fromm today so once her stools are normal I'll mix that slowly with the i/d until she's on Fromm only.

We have also had a run in with cherry eye I've been told by several people take it out and I cringe.... So does my vet.....

We've also run into the tail pocket issue due to my own ignorance not getting it dry enough I guess.

I wouldn't give Emma up for anything in this world and in a way I'm thankfully it hasn't been easy I find when I have hard lessons I learn a lot faster LOL

So we'll see what the Fromms does for Emma, I'm stocking up on a lot of the grooming stuff that's talked about on here. How do you get their tail pockets dry after a bath? Emma's is very hard to get your finger in so it's tight.
    Thank you all so much for making us feel so welcome any help advise given would be greatly Appreciated

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi and welcome to you and Emma, so glad you joined EBN. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your baby, and reading stories of your adventures with her. You'll love it on this site.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Lampkin View Post
    I've always wanted an EB and made the decision to get one about 2 weeks after loosing my last Rottweiler to Cancer I bought Emma Saturday July 6th @ 9 1/2 weeks old.
    Sunday (7th) she was acting really laid back I thought it was odd but I had been told they are a laid back breed.
    Monday (8th) she acted depressed but was eating, drinking and playing I thought it may have been the move to a new home.
    Tuesday (9th) Something was deff wrong not eating a lot more depressed & a loose stool (I took a sample) so I took her to my vet. She was put on an antibiotic & SD i/d food (stool sample showed a bit more than normal Bacteria)
    Wednesday (10th) Things had gone downhill FAST I rushed her to my vet and they did a Parvo test......... STRONGLY POSiTIVE In all my life of dogs Ive never experienced this nor do I EVER want to again. It had to have been the most heart wrenching thing I had ever seen. 2 1/2 weeks after loosing my BFF Rotti I may just loose the sweetest puppy I've met. My vet informed me that it was going to get wayyyyyy worse. I opted to care for her at home I have the knowledge of being up all night with pups as well as Sub Q fluids, shots. My Vet also came out twice a day Bless her heart she's the best!!!!!
    Wednesday afternoon to Thursday Vomiting started. By Friday morning things were looking bleak my vet said to prepare myself she didn't think Emma would make it. She barely raised her head when I'd speak to her. I cried all day long had been in contact with the breeder who felt horrible and actually wanted me to bring her back so they could get her through this at their expense but I couldn't bring myself to do it I was invested and bonded. By 5:30 pm watching her go down hill I had thought maybe I should let the Breeder get her through this. 2 Weeks earlier I had watched my Rottweiler die could I handle another I just couldn't think clearly after being up 2 days. My vet was coming out at about 6-6:30 I told the breeder I would call them after she came and checked on Emma. In the 45 min before my vet came I prayed the hardest I have prayed in a long time PLEASE help her through this I can watch her die I even said give it to me I'll fight it for her anything just let her live.
    My vet came at 6:15 we cried we talked and I told her my thoughts she said well let me take a look at her. I opened the crate to reach in and pick her up cause she literally had not stood up unless she had to potty, she came out of there like a shooting star ran to my vet excited hyper playing grabbed a ball crazy normal puppy stuff. That my friends IMHO was a Miracle
    So in the days and weeks to follow we have had on again off again runny stools switching from the SD i/d to SLOWLY switching back to her food. maybe 2 days on her food alone no i/d the stool goes right back to runny. I think it is her food, she came to us on Royal Canin BD she gets no treats or table food I always use a dogs food for treats and it's worked well. I just bought Fromm today so once her stools are normal I'll mix that slowly with the i/d until she's on Fromm only.

We have also had a run in with cherry eye I've been told by several people take it out and I cringe.... So does my vet.....

We've also run into the tail pocket issue due to my own ignorance not getting it dry enough I guess.

I wouldn't give Emma up for anything in this world and in a way I'm thankfully it hasn't been easy I find when I have hard lessons I learn a lot faster LOL

So we'll see what the Fromms does for Emma, I'm stocking up on a lot of the grooming stuff that's talked about on here. How do you get their tail pockets dry after a bath? Emma's is very hard to get your finger in so it's tight.
    Thank you all so much for making us feel so welcome any help advise given would be greatly Appreciated
    Someone on here said use Gold Bond medicated powder and use one of those baby sucky balls to squirt it up in there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Wow..JUST WOW! Parvo is such a death sentence..even for big dogs, it says volumes for how wonderfully you cared for Emma. Bravo to you and what a great Vet you have too! We lost a wonderful Rottie to Bone cancer a few years ago. I know exactly how you felt, watching a wonderful precious friend leave. Thank goodness, Emma is a strong girl!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my what a start youve had but oh what a wonderful ending. Welcome to ebn and your new life with a bully

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads