I'm New Here!

Annabella

May 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella
Hello Everyone, I am Mom to Annabella, she is 2 years old and the "apple of my eye". Last week I noticed her limping on her left hind leg, took her to the vet and they think she might have sprained it jumping onto the couch or falling from the couch. I was told to "crate" her for 2 weeks (are they serious? 2 weeks?) Well, needless to say Annabella was having no part of that, she barked and whined until she became hoarse and I gave in, problem is, she loves to run and jump and she has started limping even more. I called the vet and she prescribed a sedative, is this going to be safe to give Annabella, I know bullies have small breathing passages...any advice?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:smileywelcome: to EBN!!! I'm sorry I have no advice on the sprain, I haven't had that experience w/my bullies as of yet... Hopefully someone will get on here w/more info!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Welcome to the forum..

Im not very experienced with this sort of problem..but a sedative seems a bit much right off the bat. To keep her calm, try crating her and when you let her out use a leash to keep her calm ..and not jumping. if she is still limping in a week or shows signs of pain, I would ak for X-rays or get another opinion. I will tag a couple people who will know more.
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN!

I agree with Becky... use a leash in the house to keep her calm and maybe baby gate her in a room so she can move around but have limited access to jump or run. Also, sedation is really not necessary seems a bit over-kill. Try giving some glucosamine to help with the joints

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. i have nothing to add as you have been given some great info by those above me.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Keep her calm and leash her is the best advice also no play as that seems to make it more irritated:welcome3:. Welcome to EBN I find out more and more everyday thanks to this website

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I agree with the baby gating her if she does not want to be rated and keep her on a leash to control her. I'm not sure I would use the sedative unless you just have too.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Welcome to you and Annabelle. You'll find lots of good info and support here. We love our bullies. I thought I was crazy and obsessed, until I joined and found out that everyone feels this way! So glad you found us!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to EBN ......... my first thought too was to leash her at all times.

Our first bully, Maggie, broke her elbow within two weeks of us getting her. We had to keep her quiet after her surgery to put in a pin. It was VERY difficult!!! :crazy:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sedating sounds a bit over the top, I give a supplement each day to keep the joints in good condition. It's called Regenex and you can get it at Amazon

Oh, and welcome to the wonderful world of Bulldogdom

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope Annabella is feeling better soon.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to EBN....sorry to hear about Annabella hurting her leg......hope you find the answers you need .....can't wait to see pics of her !

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:smileywelcome: to EBN! I have no experience with sprains, but I do hope she is feeling better soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.