new to breed, new to forum :)

Monica Munson

Aug 5, 2013
Charleston, WV
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hi all, my name is Monica and I'm from Charleston, WV. i am not a bully owner yet but we are hopefully in the process of adopting one from a rescue in Ohio. it's not definite yet so we're keeping our fingers crossed. he's a 2yo male named Winston who is already housebroken and they say knows basic commands (sit, stay, lay, shake paw).....so he seems like a very smart boy too and he's beautiful!!

i have always wanted an english bulldog but couldn't afford a puppy and to be honest dont want a puppy LOL, they are so much work like newborn babies!!!! so we've opted to adopt one that needs a home instead!! i love rescue dogs they are the besttttt

i have been lurking here for about a week now when we were approached with the possibility of getting Winston so that I could read up on health issues, food, and general care and things like that since i'm new to the breed and I've learned a ton thanks to the posts of everyone and the articles i found, and i know i have questions but i'll save those for a later time.

PS before anyone asks about the yucky rawhide...they said these pics were taken pre surrendur, so no he's not getting those nasty things anymore

8783715_orig.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Winston is a cutie and I hope he is able to come to your furever home.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome: Monica! Winston sounds like he's going to a great home! We'll all be anxiously awaiting the news that he's finally in his very own home!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is a handsome, handsome boy.... kiss spot too!! best of luck ---- keep us posted on when he comes to his new home! FINGERS ARE CROSSED

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
:welcome: to EBN love his kiss spot :heart: He is handsome! Hope you will be bringing him home soon!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I also hope you will be able to adopt Winston. Bless u for looking into the rescues. Winston looks very sweet and handsome. When do you think you'll know for sure?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum -keeping my fingers and paws crossed for you xx
Not sure why bulldogs have such a bad stigma regarding health issues -i spent more time at the vets with my ab cross girl in first month than i did with lily ;-)
Winston looks lovely -keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and Winston is a beautiful boy, and I hope it works out so you can bring him home.

OP
M

Monica Munson

Aug 5, 2013
Charleston, WV
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
thanks everyone!!! really really hoping to know something in the next few days!! i'm anxious about it LOL, but i've given it to God and if Winston is meant to be with us then we will get him!! if not, we will keep waiting it out for one that is a good match!!! he is sooo adorable though, i haven't even met him yet and i'm totally in love with him!! either way I hope he goes to a good home.

Pati i think my friend knows what you mean, she told me to stop reading all the articles and everything about health issues because she said it was going to freak me out and scare me away LOL....but basically what I gathered from all the research i've done is that prevention is key and it's basically done through diet and hygiene.....so i believe i'll be feeding the new bully we get, Winston or another, the fromm's pork and peas if i decide i can afford that LOL, it seems like the best food there is for overall health

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Hope to see the good news that Winston is home with you soon!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
sign0016.gif
I do so hope you get to bring Winston home with you, he is a gorgeous looking boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.