• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow what a long journey. He looks simply adorable!!!! :heart:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to ebn.....and baxter is pure cuteness....so glad he is now in your care.....we want pics :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad he is finally with you!!! How is the first couple days going so far?

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

We are getting settled in. He had a couple rough nights but now he's doing great. We have taken several trips to the pet store. I still carry him around in his carrier, or carry him by hand. He's just too little to do much adult human walking. One step for me is 6 full strides running for him. :)

Been accosted by about 10 different extremely beautiful latin Miami women (im not complaining) ... Everybody (and I mean everybody) wants to take pictures of him. The management office girls at my building roared in joy when they saw him, even though he proceeded to pee right on their carpet. He has met at least 20 people so far, and is getting socialized quite well. I am still afraid to let him stay on the ground near other dogs so I usually pick him up. Mostly because he still has 1 set of vaccines to go, and I don't want them to bite him. He's so tiny. If the breeder didn't say he was 8 weeks I would guess he was about 6-7 weeks, based on his size, personality, walking ability, and behavior. But it doesn't matter.

I took him to the vet and they told me they don't really tend to recognize the breeders vaccine shot list, given he's from another country (???). Some such nonsense. They wanted to do another 3 sets of vaccines. I told them absolutely not. I know that vaccines can damage the immune system and cause autoimmunity (i personally have been harmed by the hepatitis one). I will not over-vaccinate him simply because the vet may wish to make money.

Here's a video of us today. Bonding. Love him.

Kevin

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
He is too adorable! Enjoy the puppy stage they do grow up quick. I dont blame you about the over vaccination concern. As long as you trust the breeder did give him the proper shots.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
sign0016.gif
To the Family, Baxter so darn cute and so full of beans after all that travelling, and I look forward to seeing more pic's of Baxter.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my gosh!! He's simply adorable!!!

The best thing to do would to be to have your vet run a teiter test to see if he's fully vaccinated. At his age I'm skeptical that he already rec'd 3 sets of shots two weeks apart... Something's amiss there....

This test is great and can even be done after a first and second vaccine, best not to over vaccinate. Then you will have piece if mind too knowing he's protected. :up:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions