First few days...

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
She's home (as of Friday)!! I meant to post pictures and an update this weekend but as you all are very aware, these pups keep you busy!

15.jpg

She had her first vet appointment Saturday morning and was the talk of the office :) although she did get upset and growl at 1 vet tech because she was holding her up in the air and squealing in her face... the vet told us she's too young to be aggressive like that and we should keep an eye on her, but she has not acted like that towards anyone else who's been around her. I think i'd be upset if people were passing me around and yelling in my face too. Is this something I should be worried about? Again, she has been nothing but sweet to everyone else who's been around her, even to a neighbor's small dog we've introduced her too.

34.jpg

We're working on crate training, which is going really well so far. Except when I had to leave her for work yesterday morning and she was crying and barking. I was SO upset!! My bf went home for lunch to check on her and she was asleep so that made me feel better, but she cried when he left too (and again was asleep when I came home haha). She sleeps in it all night next to our bed and I take her out 1-2 times in the middle of the night, except last night she slept the whole time!

24.jpg 26.jpg 40.jpg

She has only had a couple of pee accidents inside but they have been our fault. I couldn't get my shoes on quick enough after she ate/drank... oops!

We took her to PetCo after the vet to get some more toys and treats and she must have been tired from the excitement, or her shot made her sleepy because she slept in the cart the entire time. She was very popular there too :)

35.jpg

So far she loves cheese and yogurt! We tried green beans but she just chews and spits them out.. I don't think she knows quite what to do with them yet so we'll try again later. Same with bananas, they just fall out of her mouth. We started practicing "sit" yesterday with yogurt cause that's the thing that gets her attention most. I'm going to try freezing them with the bananas or peanut butter this weekend after reading some of yalls posts :)

Also, yall weren't lying about the shark teeth, ouch! She loves hands and feet so we're working on distracting her with the toys. We also gave her a water bottle last night (took off the lid and wrapper) which she was kinda scared of at first then went on attack mode haha.

Other than that, she just likes to sleep on the cool hard wood floors or on the leather ottoman. She's not much of a cuddler unless you are holding her, then she wants to be held like a baby on your shoulder. It melts my heart :heart:

27.jpg 30.jpg 19.jpg 36.jpg

I can't even express how much this forum has helped us in welcoming our new addition! We are going to purchase her first bag of Fromm's this weekend (based on the recommendations here) and start transitioning over to that so wish us luck!

-Sam & June

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:love: Ohhhhhh my goodness! She is just beautiful! Ohhhh phooey on that vet! That isn't a sign of aggressiveness! That's a sign of a vet who needs to think a bit what a pup is!!

It sounds like she is doing well..two things to think about! Get Slip Ons! And no more trips to Petco or anyplace like that until she has had all 3 series of shots! NOT even in a cart!! It's a very dangerous place for unprotected pets! No place at all where dogs go..unless its family pets and you are certain they ave been vaccinated!

Keep these pics coming!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is a cutie sure. When you gave her the green beans were the fresh, cooked or frozen? If they were anything but frozen it could be the texture as to why she spit it out. Be sure to remember not to introduce multiple new foods or treats a day so you can pin point it if she has an allergic reaction to what it was that was new.

OP
Samantha Orts

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
They were frozen. She chewed on them till they were soft and then spit them out. Maybe she just like them cold? Again, notes taken! All the advice is appreciated

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
She's absolutely gorgeous :heartsign: Love her colouring! Yes they are a lot of work at that age but soooo worth it :yes:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful! That pic of her on the scale is adorable!! You're going to have so much fun w/your baby June :)

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Congrats on your new addition! She is just gorgeous. I love all the bully bum pictures just so cute :havemyheart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my goodness, unbelievably cute, how could anyone NOT love her?!!

As I went thru these pics (on slideshow) each one became a favorite.

Definitely enter some of these for 2014 EBN Calendar...omg adorable!!!

Huge congratulations...that vet tech is stoopid, your pup stood up for herself...
good on her! She's bully perfection...GOD bless & welcome here.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
What a cutie!!!! And how do you get her to sleep? lol no really, I cant get mine to sleep until I go to bed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.