Rescued my new child at the pound, 2-3 year old English Bulldog

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm a little late catching the :welcome3: wagon. Glad to have you and Angus here!

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Reading this made me smile :) so happy for Angus and you and your wife :excited: bullies are wonderful babies aren't they??

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Good for you Jason! Angus is an amazing looking bully I never will understand why people abuse their animals I would have already at least driven by the previous owners place and saw what was going on there. Angus looks like he already loves his new daddy and home very much! Welcome to you both!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well! and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I wanted him to have an English name, originally I wanted Ozzy but was overruled real quick on that,lol

Bruce that's a great idea on the weight gain the only problem with Angus is he is a picky eater and he rarely eats the same thing twice so I have about $50 worth of can food lucky for me I adopted my moms dog when she died and he will eat anything and I mean anything but he is no EB he is a beagle/mix with the devil.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed) btw who doesn't love Ozzy?

I love Ozzy for a bully's name but love Angus Young so I love it for your Angus, great choice!

I adopted 4 y/o Brutus that had several owners, crated excessively for looooong periods at a time.

He didn't know how to play or liked toys, bones, etc. In the 7 months I had him, he learned to play
with us and loved it! Never really got attached to the toys/bones much, loved rides & being w/us.

Once Angus REALLY trusts you and especially, trusts this is HIS forever home, you'll have a different
ā€‹bully...it's an awesome, life changing thing to witness and very humbling...I will always rescue/adopt.

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
I havent been on for awhile 2monthsor so of having Angus he started doing strange things like ram his head into the wall he quit eating etc.. I went into a depression state with him. I had to start feeding him by spoon and giving him water by syringe.

my vet sent him to a neurologist they found a tumor in his brain stem, we started treatment.

I was devastated but the treatment was working he was eating better he was gaining his weight back and seemed happy...

Angus died 2 days ago it came real fast and extreme. I havent cried like this ever.

He began demonstrating final stages of brain failure he was panting couldnt get cool and started having seizures
I had to put him down but his vet was out of town so I waited as long as I could but had another vet do it.

I miss my boy so much I cant stand it,he was a fighter he didnt deserve this.

This is Angus 3 weeks ago looking good,to get his appetite back we grounded up hamburger so his final meals was appreciated.

RIP- Angus

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
:welcome:Angus, Jason and Diane:) It makes my eyes leak a little (in a good way) when reading about rescued babies:heart: He's so precious:)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Jason, I'm so very sad too, hearing of your loss of the great Angus :( :( :(
I am somewhat consoled knowing what a wonderful life he had with you & Diane.
GOD bless y'all for rescuing him and giving him love & a real family & home.

I know how much it hurt that he got this tumor and had a short life after what
should have been a long, great life with y'all, safe, sound and happy. I don't
understand these things in life either.

Thank you for letting us know of his passing, I will keep y'all in my heart & my
prayers. May your heartache ease soon and know Angus is now healthy, happy
and romping with Jesus. RIP dear Angus, what a great bully you were~Much love!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
OH man now I am crying, you gave Angus everything, he passed over with lots of love and care, thank you so much for that and I am so sorry for your loss, but what you did was a beautiful thing for this amazing boy, he was shown love and you all nursed to him in his time of need, you did everything humanly possible with the time you had. I hope one day your can give your heart again to this beautiful breed.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm so sorry for your loss.

But you need to remember, you did an amazing thing for this baby by rescuing him. You gave him love, food, shelter, and thank god he spent the last 5 months of his life in your family's wonderful care.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry to hear of Angus' passing. You did a wonderful thing for him. You showed him the love he deserved to have in his last months. You and your family are great people and when your ready you will do it again for another baby that needs you.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Jason, I'm so very sorry for your lossā€¦ Angus is a beautiful baby!!! My condolences to you and your familyā€¦
Thank you for showing him love & kindness these few short monthsā€¦ that is all any dog could ever want in this life!!! :heart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Jason, I also echo the feelings of the others. YOU and your family were Angus' angels. GOD sent you to find him. You gave Angus more kindness and love in the time you had him than he had ever had. In your heart you will miss him so, but you can know he had the BEST ever while he was with you all. Some people never give their dog the love in a lifetime that Angus felt from you in the time he was with you. Angus crossed the Rainbow Bridge feeling loved. He KNEW and that is thanks to you.He got to feel loved...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry that you only had a few short months with Angus but thank you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home. He had loving family around him when he went and that is so important. My condolences to you and your family.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh I am so sorry about Angus. I am heartbroken for you! I really believe that you and Diane gave him all of the love and kindness a bullie deserves -- and he knew it. I your heart is broken now, but you did everything you could. Please know we are thinking of you and your family. I am so sorry. Sending you hugs! :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I havent been on for awhile 2monthsor so of having Angus he started doing strange things like ram his head into the wall he quit eating etc.. I went into a depression state with him. I had to start feeding him by spoon and giving him water by syringe.

my vet sent him to a neurologist they found a tumor in his brain stem, we started treatment.

I was devastated but the treatment was working he was eating better he was gaining his weight back and seemed happy...

Angus died 2 days ago it came real fast and extreme. I havent cried like this ever.

He began demonstrating final stages of brain failure he was panting couldnt get cool and started having seizures
I had to put him down but his vet was out of town so I waited as long as I could but had another vet do it.

I miss my boy so much I cant stand it,he was a fighter he didnt deserve this.

This is Angus 3 weeks ago looking good,to get his appetite back we grounded up hamburger so his final meals was appreciated.

RIP- Angus

so very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet boy Angus.... rest in peace sweety, run free and play at the bridge.

Jason,,,, hugs and prayers to you, Ii know you pain all to well --- cry and grief as you see fit, we are here to help and support.
Talk with us and we can help you through.

:hug:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.