ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome: Jason! Angus is so lucky you found him! I get so angry when I think about how people "just have to have a bulldog" and then neglect or abuse them. I'm with you. A boot in the a** is in order, but I don't think it's enough. :bat:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Welcome!!! So glad you found us so quickly! This is by far the best place to get any info on your new baby! Don't worry about anything you might think is stupid or weird ... No judgement here, we all just want the best for our babies. Dive in, get a snack and you'll be laughing an crying in no time!

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Welcome to EBN Jason and Angus. So wonderful to hear that you rescued this sweet boy from the shelter. I rescued Sally 11 weeks ago from a shelter as well. She's 7 and was an ex breeder bully and after years of over breeding she was dumped. I'm really surprised the shelter gave your the name and address of who they say know who it dumped him. Boy you're going to see so many changes in Angus over the next several months. It looks like his head has a really good coat on it and time and health will mend the rest. My vet said Sally has been beaten. You'd never know though as she's as calm and docile as they come. She's so spunky now though when she's not sleeping. She's constantly making changes in her behavior, all good, from the time that we got her. Anyhoots, congrats to Angus for finding YOU!

Enjoy the forum and make yourself at home! :up:

The vet read the paperwork and was surprised that the owners name was on the form...

.I can post the form but not sure that would be allowed here or I can send it privately as well, maybe I'm reading wrong.

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
I'm with you Chris anybody that abuses animals doesnt deserve to breathe the same air as I do...

thanks Jackie!

I love taking pics of him here is discovering the back yard on his own

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD bless you for giving him a great home and the love and care he deserves.

Welcome to EBN...glad you are here with us and Angus too (is he named from
AC/DC's Angus)...What a handsome, BIG boy he is, love him!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This was so nice to read tonight! Thank you for saving this sweet boy! Looking forward to more photos and stories!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Welcome, how great to adopt from a shelter, its sad that anyone can mistreat any animal. Looks like Angus is in good hands now.

Rachelle

May 12, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kirby
Welcome to you and Angus! He is so handsome :) What a great thing you're doing for him, very saddening the things people will do or not do to their dogs. There is so much information here, I just love it! There's a lot I myself didn't know about the EB breed and I could spend hours here just researching and learning new things lol. Best wishes to you both and your future together!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN...... Thanx for signing up to EBN. He doesnt look all that under weight. If he was chained up he prolly also was ignored a lot of the time. Instead a trying to add weight to him thru feeding it may be a better course of action to try to build up his muscle tone..... exercise, walks, and lots of bully play. Enjoy the website and feel free to join right in. :)

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well!

and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I wanted him to have an English name, originally I wanted Ozzy but was overruled real quick on that,lol

Bruce that's a great idea on the weight gain the only problem with Angus is he is a picky eater and he rarely eats the same thing twice so I have about $50 worth of can food lucky for me I adopted my moms dog when she died and he will eat anything and I mean anything but he is no EB he is a beagle/mix with the devil.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed)

btw who doesn't love Ozzy?

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well!

and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I wanted him to have an English name, originally I wanted Ozzy but was overruled real quick on that,lol

Bruce that's a great idea on the weight gain the only problem with Angus is he is a picky eater and he rarely eats the same thing twice so I have about $50 worth of can food lucky for me I adopted my moms dog when she died and he will eat anything and I mean anything but he is no EB he is a beagle/mix with the devil.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed)

btw who doesn't love Ozzy?
Jason, Diane and Angus welcome to EBN. Angus looks so relaxed in the pictures that is so good to see. We had to teach Abbey how to play she was dumped by a breeder and never learned what play was as a puppy. If Angus spent his life chained up he may have to learn or relearn how to play.

A good quality grain free food will keep him healthy. Once you have a basic food you can use what we call toppers, because changing food will make him sick all the time. Toppers can be cottage cheese, grated cheese, plain yogurt, fruits, veggies, a spoon of peanut butter, moist food. Mix it in so he doesn't cheat and eat it off of the top.

I can't tell if you have had a bulldog before maybe I missed it. Here are two of my favorite articles to share.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...-Nose-Ropes-Folds-Paws-Tail-Pockets-and-Vulva

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...You-should-have-if-you-own-an-English-Bulldog

Thank you for rescuing Angus!

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I got Maggie from someone. I'm her 3rd home. The way she flinches and cowers makes me think she was also abused at some point. The good news is she is getting more comfortable and not sleeping so much and her eating has gotten up to two times a day which is what I wanted. Sound alike angus is on the same successful road! You've found a great hub of information! This website has been a life saver for us and it will be to you too! Good luck!

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Thank you for the links this is my first EB and so sad to hear Maggie was abused.

I have found a food he likes called Blue Buffalo premium food the cans cost $3 each but if this is all he will eat. I will have to pick up Mc'Ds .99 cent menu when I get lunch to afford this lol

Angus has some strange habits he walks in circles when he wakes up makes me think he was tied to a tree or something and all he could do was walk in circles. I need to teach him how to play he doesn't play.

The 1st day we had him home he rolled over and was going crazy letting me rub his belly and now he doesn't want to do that now, sucks cause that was fun and funny.

well thanks again for all the advise and warm welcome

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm with you Chris anybody that abuses animals doesnt deserve to breathe the same air as I do...

thanks Jackie!

I love taking pics of him here is discovering the back yard on his own

Oh My HE is looking GREAT!!! Keep posting pics on his progress! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.