Rescued my new child at the pound, 2-3 year old English Bulldog

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Hi Im new here my name is Jason and the No Juan Likes name is a running joke on Facebook anyway let me introduce my new son Angus

We adopted him from the pound almost 2 weeks ago

this pic is day 2 home

this is day 9

Let me start here we found Angus at the local shelter and boy did he look bad his eyes had a ton of goo he looked blind, he looks like he had the mange and the shelter said he was 7 years old enough to scare anybody away from adopting. I had to wait 5 days to see if he can be adopted he passed all his test no heart-worms and good temperament.

I examined his teeth which was the only positive so far but he is no where close to 7 years old my vet and the shelter vet estimate 2-3 years old.

Angus was malnourished he has a few dog bite marks on him and it looks like a chain has damaged the under part of his neck. My vet said Angus need to gain 8 more pounds so his back bones wont show through that would put him at 80lbs.

Angus was afraid of being petted he would flinch when you pet his head he acted like I was going to hit him which leads me to believe he has been abused physically how could anyone hit him his shocking.

The vet called me a few days ago and said he found a parasitic in his stool that is only found in reptiles so the they believe he ate a frog, snake or a lizard but said he will be fine. Angus ears are infected as well but the vet cleaned them and the medicine appears to be doing the job cleaning them is easy with him

The shelter said he was a stray but they know who his owners are so that is really strange, they gave me paperwork with there name and address.(I would like to drive down and stick a boot in there rear and make sure no other bulls are being abused)

Angus was adopted almost 2 weeks ago now his hair is coming back he no longer sleeps 22 hours a day and he looks happy we're still battling the eating and drinking issue but in 2 more weeks this should not be a problem

sorry for the long read

look forward to posting here,

this pic was taken 30 minutes ago

the hard life he has now

took this pic 5 minutes ago

his favorite sleeping spot

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi Jason ! Welcome on the forum -you done an amazing thing adopting Angus , people often overlook dogs with bad skin etc - with a bit of tlc Angus will be looking great ( im not saying here he looks bad-i love white dogs)
Our ab is adopted -it is the best feeling in the world knowing that we saved an animal ...or shall i say they saved us ;-)
Anyway -once again welcome on the forum and i hope you are going to like it here :-)

OP
No Juan Likes

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Thank you Patti for the warm welcome and yes Angus has rescued us lol,

I have to give my wife credit she is the family caregiver and Angus is being treated like a newborn around her we have a new baby in the house!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Marine91

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
:smileywelcome: To EB Thank you so much for saving Angus he is just gorgeous. He looks so content and happy sleeping on the couch. You are his angel :angelheart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome! I would bet that Angus has never had it so good! Just the look on his face in the "sleepy sit up" photos says" OMG, I can't believe I'm safe now". Angus knows it was his lucky day, when you showed up!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hi Jason welcome to the forum he sure is looking happy! So glad he found his forever home! It breaks my heart to hear he was abused how anyone can do that to these babies is beyond me. I'd like to chain them up and use a cane switch on them see how they like being abused go days without food and water have to fight for every morsel that goes down their throat! See how they like it! Give him muzzies from Sheldon and me and Sheldon (my EB) says congrats on finding your forever home Buddy!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for rescuing him. He looks so content and happy now, and has his fur-ever home. :2thumbs:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to the site, you both are so lucky you found each other~!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Welcome to EBN!!! Kudos to you for giving Angus the furever home he deserves. Look forward to many more pictures of this handsome guy:luv:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Welcome to EBN Jason and Angus. So wonderful to hear that you rescued this sweet boy from the shelter. I rescued Sally 11 weeks ago from a shelter as well. She's 7 and was an ex breeder bully and after years of over breeding she was dumped. I'm really surprised the shelter gave your the name and address of who they say know who it dumped him. Boy you're going to see so many changes in Angus over the next several months. It looks like his head has a really good coat on it and time and health will mend the rest. My vet said Sally has been beaten. You'd never know though as she's as calm and docile as they come. She's so spunky now though when she's not sleeping. She's constantly making changes in her behavior, all good, from the time that we got her. Anyhoots, congrats to Angus for finding YOU!

Enjoy the forum and make yourself at home! :up:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Welcome, Jason and Angus! Thank you for rescuing Angus and giving him a safe home! He looks so content in the picture!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.