Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rescued my new child at the pound, 2-3 year old English Bulldog

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rescued my new child at the pound, 2-3 year old English Bulldog

to EBN...... Thanx for signing up to EBN. He doesnt look all that under weight. If he was chained up he prolly also was ignored a lot of the time. Instead a trying to add weight to him thru feeding it may be a better course of action to try to build up his muscle tone..... exercise, walks, and lots of bully play. Enjoy the website and feel free to join right in.

Real Name
    Jason
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well!

and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I wanted him to have an English name, originally I wanted Ozzy but was overruled real quick on that,lol

Bruce that's a great idea on the weight gain the only problem with Angus is he is a picky eater and he rarely eats the same thing twice so I have about $50 worth of can food lucky for me I adopted my moms dog when she died and he will eat anything and I mean anything but he is no EB he is a beagle/mix with the devil.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed)

btw who doesn't love Ozzy?

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by No Juan Likes View Post
    Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well!

and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I wanted him to have an English name, originally I wanted Ozzy but was overruled real quick on that,lol

Bruce that's a great idea on the weight gain the only problem with Angus is he is a picky eater and he rarely eats the same thing twice so I have about $50 worth of can food lucky for me I adopted my moms dog when she died and he will eat anything and I mean anything but he is no EB he is a beagle/mix with the devil.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed)

btw who doesn't love Ozzy?
    Jason, Diane and Angus welcome to EBN. Angus looks so relaxed in the pictures that is so good to see. We had to teach Abbey how to play she was dumped by a breeder and never learned what play was as a puppy. If Angus spent his life chained up he may have to learn or relearn how to play.

A good quality grain free food will keep him healthy. Once you have a basic food you can use what we call toppers, because changing food will make him sick all the time. Toppers can be cottage cheese, grated cheese, plain yogurt, fruits, veggies, a spoon of peanut butter, moist food. Mix it in so he doesn't cheat and eat it off of the top.

I can't tell if you have had a bulldog before maybe I missed it. Here are two of my favorite articles to share.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...kets-and-Vulva

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...nglish-Bulldog

Thank you for rescuing Angus!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

I got Maggie from someone. I'm her 3rd home. The way she flinches and cowers makes me think she was also abused at some point. The good news is she is getting more comfortable and not sleeping so much and her eating has gotten up to two times a day which is what I wanted. Sound alike angus is on the same successful road! You've found a great hub of information! This website has been a life saver for us and it will be to you too! Good luck!

Real Name
    Jason
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the links this is my first EB and so sad to hear Maggie was abused.

I have found a food he likes called Blue Buffalo premium food the cans cost $3 each but if this is all he will eat. I will have to pick up Mc'Ds .99 cent menu when I get lunch to afford this lol

Angus has some strange habits he walks in circles when he wakes up makes me think he was tied to a tree or something and all he could do was walk in circles. I need to teach him how to play he doesn't play.

The 1st day we had him home he rolled over and was going crazy letting me rub his belly and now he doesn't want to do that now, sucks cause that was fun and funny.

well thanks again for all the advise and warm welcome

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm with you Chris anybody that abuses animals doesnt deserve to breathe the same air as I do...

thanks Jackie!

I love taking pics of him here is discovering the back yard on his own

Oh My HE is looking GREAT!!! Keep posting pics on his progress!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a little late catching the wagon. Glad to have you and Angus here!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Reading this made me smile so happy for Angus and you and your wife bullies are wonderful babies aren't they??

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Good for you Jason! Angus is an amazing looking bully I never will understand why people abuse their animals I would have already at least driven by the previous owners place and saw what was going on there. Angus looks like he already loves his new daddy and home very much! Welcome to you both!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for the kind and welcoming words, I'm also sharing this account with my better half Diane as well! and yes Angus was named after AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

I have been gradually increasing Angus's exercise to about an hour a day of walking he doesn't play much right now but in a couple of more weeks he should be stronger and more playful (fingers crossed) btw who doesn't love Ozzy?

I love Ozzy for a bully's name but love Angus Young so I love it for your Angus, great choice!

I adopted 4 y/o Brutus that had several owners, crated excessively for looooong periods at a time.

He didn't know how to play or liked toys, bones, etc. In the 7 months I had him, he learned to play
    with us and loved it! Never really got attached to the toys/bones much, loved rides & being w/us.

Once Angus REALLY trusts you and especially, trusts this is HIS forever home, you'll have a different
    ​bully...it's an awesome, life changing thing to witness and very humbling...I will always rescue/adopt.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Jason
    Likes (Received)

I havent been on for awhile 2monthsor so of having Angus he started doing strange things like ram his head into the wall he quit eating etc.. I went into a depression state with him. I had to start feeding him by spoon and giving him water by syringe.

my vet sent him to a neurologist they found a tumor in his brain stem, we started treatment.

I was devastated but the treatment was working he was eating better he was gaining his weight back and seemed happy...

Angus died 2 days ago it came real fast and extreme. I havent cried like this ever.

He began demonstrating final stages of brain failure he was panting couldnt get cool and started having seizures
    I had to put him down but his vet was out of town so I waited as long as I could but had another vet do it.

I miss my boy so much I cant stand it,he was a fighter he didnt deserve this.

This is Angus 3 weeks ago looking good,to get his appetite back we grounded up hamburger so his final meals was appreciated.

RIP- Angus

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Angus, Jason and Diane It makes my eyes leak a little (in a good way) when reading about rescued babies He's so precious
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads