New to bulldogs...

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
Hi! my name is Alicia,my family (3 kids,2 labs,1EB, 1 showpig, 1 heifer and of course the husband ;) ) live in Nacogdoches,TX. I have seen and heard tons of horror stories about EB, being on here and looking around I have realised most are just from uninformed "parents". I am quite sure I will have a bunch of questions as I've only had labs, and a mini dachshund(RIP Link). Link is the reason we came to have Domino in our family....we were taking the pig somewhere and Link got out, chased us down the road, and was hit by a car. His passing devestated my boys (2 and 4). We were at Canton with my MIL and the boys saw her. They had to have her! I know, never buy from a vendor....but so far we have been blessed, no real problems, I investigated the kennel she came from, and the breeder on her papers....did not find any complaints. My vet is not comfortable with Bulldogs, she said she would treat her for the normal stuff(heartworm,flea and tick meds,...etc) you know routine but she suggested that if anything ever happened I have her already set up with a vet that "knows" bulldogs.. she suggested one in Houston but i would prefer a little closer like Longview or Tyler area! Thanks I know I ramble...sorry:(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! At least your vet was honest about finding a good bulldog vet. I like her already! @lexyerwayne is in Tyler, maybe she can help guide you to a good vet.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. I don't know any vets in or around East Texas but while it may be a drive if you can't find one up around your neck of the woods we do have 2 excellent bully vets in Houston that we take Harlea to and she loves them as much as we do.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oops wait it wasn't [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION].... sorry, it was [MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION]

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Hi friends. Yes we live in Tyler Texas!!! We bought both spike & sparkles In canton Texas and haven't had any problems w them. We use premier veterinary hospital it's located it on south broadway. I LOVE them. Dr hoague is awesome!!!! The staff is soooo friendly and it's not crazy expensive. Hope this helps. If y'all need anything contact me!!! I've had bulldogs for almost 4 years and have learned a lot from just having them and from this forum. Please post pics!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome Alicia and Domino. I think it's great your vet warned you ahead of time to get a vet familiar with Bully's! Sounds like you have great advice already! Hope you enjoy the forum! :)

OP
D

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
do you remember who you bought Spike & Sparkles from? i got Domino from Spring Valley Bulldogs....

Rachelle

May 12, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kirby
Welcome to you and Domino!! Catch her while she's sleeping :p

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Welcome to EBN! Small world......we live about an hour west of Tyler and our daughter will be attending SFA in Nacogodches. We have a wonderful vet here, but it would be about a 3 hour drive......Houston is closer. Can't wait to see pics!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN...... Looks like you are getting some vet suggestions. Bullies certainly are different that other canines.... crazy mutts.. LOL Sure helps to have a vet that is familiar with bullies. We are fortunate that our vet does know a lot about bullies AND is about 10 blocks from us. Amy is going in for spaying in about a half hour. Please post pix when you can. Thanx for signing up to EBN :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!

:pics:

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.