New Parents - Advice Welcome!

MonsieurSeven

Aug 1, 2013
San Jose, CA
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven
Hi all! We are parents to a 7 month old bully named Seven (all of you Seinfeld fans will understand). This is our first bulldog/dog/child - really, the first thing we have ever had to be responsible for besides ourselves. He has changed and enriched our lives in so many ways. It is safe to say that we will be lifelong bulldog parents.

It is wonderful to see that there is a community of people who share this same experience. We stumbled upon this site a few months ago and now consult the forums timely before buying food, treats, toys, etc. We are so happy to be here! Any advice for us rookies is truly appreciated!

See you around! Meghan, Matt and Seven

photo.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. I would start with reading the articles on the left hand side of the home page as it has a lot of very useful information. Other than that browse around and ask questions and the wonderful people here will respond.

Pam71579

May 24, 2013
Boston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Hi Seven!!

We so happy to meet you. We look forward to chatting and being furfriends with you!!

-Lulu & Zeus

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Seven. So glad you joined, you'll love this site, lots of great information and even greater people on here to help you with any question, problem or concern. Looking forward to more stories and pictures of Seven.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Welcome to EBN!!!! Let me start by saying Seven is absolutely adorable and I'd love to grab his muzzle and give him muzzies. I too am a first time skin parent and since I have found this forum I have learned invaluable information that has helped my fur baby immeasurably. I am so pleased to make your acquaintance Meghan, Matt and Seven. Hmmmm let me see, frozen yogurt and peanut butter treats, raw carrots and many other veggies and fruits are treats as well, Sheldon will do anything for a piece of carrot patience sturdy toys are a must and patience, repetition, patience, spa time, patience oh and did I mention patience :rofl:!!! Spa time has been such a great time for Sheldon and myself. I get snuggle time and he gets to relax. Spa time is where I clean his wrinkles put lotion on his pads clip and file his nails put balm on his nose clean his belly put powder on his belly and in the creases of his legs, clean his tail pocket and (recently learned that desitin is something good to use on his booty so I added it to the spa time) put a little bead of desitin in his tail pocket and he loves having his tail pocket treatment. I'm sure others will be along shortly to give you great advice!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and Seven is too cute. There are some articles here to help you out with your baby. Plus you can always just ask us questions as they come up.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome you all to this site! You have come to the right place. I am new to the site, but not new to dogs. You will be happy that you joined! Seven is a cutie!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN...... Nope, never was a Seinfeld fan. There is a wealth of info here in the form of articles and if you ask a question the many years of experience that the membership has will try to help. Enjoy the site. :)

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Biggest thing is patience our bullies are very stubborn and very food driven, but they aim to please. They are just like little kids and have a mind of their own as we say make sure you find your mommy and daddy voice as you will be saying no quite a bit LOL They truly are the best most loyal breed ever and will constantly make you laugh. Make sure to keep the wrinkles and pockets clean we do Loki's all the time nobody want to kiss stinky wrinkles:smoochwink: Oh and make sure that the toys you get him aren't easily destructible Loki and crack a tennis ball in half in one chomp Chuck it balls work the best for him :) Don't be afraid to ask questions we love answering them and there is a great chance that someone may have had the same experience as you guys.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Welcome! Seven is beautiful. This is a great place -- I found it fairly recently myself and have learned so much. My Dudley is 2 1/2 and the light of my life. One of the good things about the forum? Finding out that you aren't the only one that treats your bully like a people, hug and kiss him, and talk to him all of the time!!! Oh...did anyone tell you about the need for patience with a bully?!?! Ha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs! Seven sure is a beauty!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.