Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome! I am a "newbie" myself. I use step-in harnesses. One of my dogs had a harness on, that was a regular harness-not a step in. When we got to the vets office, which is on a busy road, I lifted her down out of the vehicle, turned around for a second to get the other one, and Lizzie was gone! The harness was attached to the leash-and she was next door in one split second, sniffing everything. She would not listen, and I was scared to death that she would go out in the road. The harness was NOT loose, and I don't have a clue how she got out of it! Now I will only use a step-in harness, as it seems they couldn't slip out of that so easily-as their front legs step in it! So far-with the step in-nothing like that has happened. PRAYING that it never will again. Took an hour for my heartbeat to get back to normal, and Lizzie was like-"hey, what's the big deal?!" Congrats on your new baby! Lizzie is a 3/4 Fr. 1/4 Pug!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and :welcome: to ebn. having a pug will prepare you for an eb for sure. just read read read. lots here use fromm puppy with good results. i use a harness only with sarah but she is not walked she goes where she wants to :blink:

Most Reactions