Newbie!

Tony4qts

Jul 29, 2013
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
Hi everyone I'm Tony and I'm getting my first bulldog pup next Saturday. We currently have a pug so I'm somewhat familiar with Brachycephalic breed issues etc. but I can't help it they warm my heart and makes me laugh. We're looking so forward to getting "Abby" :) next Sat. Any advice on food or harness vs collar etc. would be appreciated.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome Tony! I bet you are so very excited. We have lots of great articles on the Home page. Many pertain to getting a new pup and what to have on hand! Just go to the Navibar above and click on Home. When you get there..look on left IDE for the Articles! Hope you enjoy it here! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome Tony and Abby! Can't wait to see pics! Perhaps you can she some of your pug in the meantime! :yes:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. A month ago I was in the same position as you are today counting down the days until I was able to hold my Harlea for the first time. This week is going to seem like Saturday is never going to get here and drive you nuts. Take this time now to read up on foods, allergies and general health and care for Abby as there is a lot of information that needs to be processed so you are ready for your 4 legged butterball of love.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to EBN...can't wait to see pics.......:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Abby. You will love this site, there are a lot of great people to give advice and share information, and there are many Forums that you can read through to find out about dogfood ratings, products for your bully, health and nutrition and so much more. I've learned so much on here. For your puppy's food, you want to feed her a high quality puppy food, and also a food with a 4 or higher star rating. Puppies need the extra calories, vitamins and minerals found in puppy food for their rapid growth and development. You can switch to an adult formula when she is 6 or 7 months. A lot of people on here feed their bullies Fromms brand of food, they have a Fromms Puppy Gold Formula. Go on the nutrition forum and read the ratings on dog foods. As for leashes, most people use a harness for their EB.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi!!! Welcome. You and I are in the same boat with the pugs and EBD... Just love them to death... Prolly why my Daisy is a mix of them two! lol Just start reading. You will find everything you need to know on here. Its the best place ever for asking and answering questions :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN..... My suggestion is that you read read read the articles here on EBN about getting a new bully. Harness only, no collar!!!!!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!!

Be sure to post pictures of your new little girl

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Mother had a pug...gotta love them. Welcome to EBN, there is a lot of info
off the Home page to help and a puppy group here to join with. Send pics of
all your crew...Congratulations on new puppy...I'm envious! GOD bless y'all.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
:smileywelcome: this is a great site with great ppl! Look forward to seeing pics if your baby! Harness or collar is your choice, I think it depends f how your bully ends up behaving w the leash. Obviously pulling w a collar is not good for their breathing nor is it good for a nice walk. We use both. I have a harness but I do use a leather leash w a leather collar.Brie doesn't pull (so dar...) so I'm lucky there. Food wise, I was feeding her Fromm puppy gold until she turned 7 months then switched her to Fromm adult. We are currently experimenting w pork n applesauce, pork n peas and beef frittata. I think a lot of it depends on if your baby has any allergies etc. there really are tons of amazing articles here about various foods, harness, collars, leashes..you name it, it's here somewhere! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online