New!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wow! Bosco looks like a little stuffed toy hes so cute! How big do mini EB's get?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Your baby is beautiful, but I have to agree about the "mini" bulldog opinion though. I also was told my Brutus was a mini bulldog with the understanding that his breathing would not be as compromised as a regular EBD. I thought great this sounds healthy for my baby. Well, after my vet finished laughing about the Mini statement I made about Brutus, I have a bulldog that is pushing 65 lbs and has all the same concerns as a regular EBD.Some Breeders will tell you anything you want to hear. OF course I just love my heavy breathing snoring meatball more than life, but be careful with your expectations as far as how big Bosco will be and PLEASE follow all the advice you recieve here as far as having him out in the heat. Good luck with you beautiful baby.

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I just want to pick him up and love on him and cuddle him..

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Welcome, I wish your baby good health and a happy home !

But, I dont mean to pop your bubble, but, the bad news, there isnt a 'Mini' breed of bulldog, no matter what the breeder has told you.
Reputable breeders, breed for health of the breed, and for the 'standard of the breed' - breeding for a size or a coat or eye color, means the breeder is only interested in that particular trait, and not interested in the general health.

It is not your puppy's fault nor yours, just an education. Alot of folks here have read horror stories, and the rescues are filled with 'designer dogs' unfortunately education is the only answer.

(but Bosco IS a cutie ! no matter what!)

I know it's not a recognized breed but the breeder we purchased him from is quite reputable, and their bulldogs are known for being quite healthy in comparison to regular bulldogs. His parents are smaller and quite lean - I think around 40lbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CUTENESS OVERLOAD.... he is awesome!! I love him... can you send him to me? I'll PM my address to you :D

Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Boscoe is a bundle of wrinkles! So Cute! But don't think you are going to get away with posting only one pic!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and he is just super cute.

You are right .. it is not a recognised breed, but I believe the breeders just try to mate the smaller of the males and females in an attempt to keep them small and compact. But as for less health problems ... well you may find that may or may not be true. If you have a reputable breeder then it means that they have used smaller framed males and females with no history of health problems themselves, and ALSO no proven history of health problems between the Mother and the Father when they are bred. In case you are of to a good start.

What it all comes down to is .. mini ... or not ... it's how reputable the breeder REALLY is that counts!! :up:

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Oh my goodness - look at that face and all of those wrinkles! Too cute! :welcome3: welcome to EBN. As you've probably determined from your lurking, there is so much information on here - so great for a bulldog puppy owner!

Members online

No members online now.