Me and general mattis usmc

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Welcome to EBN -you have showed up at the right sight -this is a great place to learn -teach -vent - laugh ,and sometimes cry about the BULLDOGs we call family

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi [MENTION=9447]Russell Vansteel[/MENTION] sorry I'm a bit late in getting here. I have an opinion on the skin issue, it appears to be a staph infection, Dermatitis . An allergy if you will to either his food and/ or environmental. Lots of bullies have skin issues this time of year in particular, dry grass and stuff floating around. There's lots of advice here and I've posted much on this issue. Start with
Benadryl as some have stated. Cut out and store bought treats too. Frozen veggies work just as well and they like them.
Give a bath with Original blue Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide, mixed in a teacup. Shampoo pooch. Rinse really really well. Then in a gallon jug of water, add one cup of white vinegar , pour over pooch and leave on. don't rinse off. This will clear any residue and leave him smelling great! It balances the ph level.
Dry as usual and do this once a week or once every two weeks. Also try 1 vitamin C tablet and 1 vitamin Zinc tablet a day. This will pick up his immune system and help him heal. You may want to start him on a Probiotic to mix with his food. I suggest a product I buy off Amazon, called Probiotic Miracle Dog made by Nutrisca . please Keep me posted

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Did he have the skin problems prior to moving to Seattle? Arnold has a problem with environmental allergies once a season at the very beginning. A couple days of Benadryl and he is good. The first year he had gray scaly bald spots but oatmeal bath and Benadryl did the trick in days. This year it was more respiratory but easily treated in a couple days with antihistamines again. Welcome to EBN!! I am on the east side of the state in Spokane but I grew up in Puyallup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: --- you received some great insight and advice from the gang! One thing to tink of, is ask the vet to run a full blood screen allergy test -- 30 days AFTER the steroids are out of his system. These are not 100% accurate, but give a damn good idea of what to avoid.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I'm a bit late to the party, sorry! Hello & Welcome. You have gotten some top notch advise here, I certainly hope something sticks and you'll be able to put all this behind you soon. Please keep us updated on your baby. Good Luck

OP
Russell Vansteel

Russell Vansteel

Jul 26, 2013
SEATTLE, WA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
MATTIS
I took Mattis to the dermatologist and he is on some allergy meds. poor guy is allergic to me among other things. we will give it some time to see if it works.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi, you got great information from everyone above, so I can't really add any suggestions, but only what I experienced. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn. We switched My two guys to Fromms Beef Fritatta, when they were 7 months old, this was our 4th switch, due to red faces, pink warm ears, pink chin and chin acne, licking of paws, and constant itching and having to give Benadryl to give relief. Since being on the Fromms Beef, we have had no issues, and their poops are normal, and they go 2 to 3 times a day. I hope you find a food that he tolerates, it can be frustrating, and it's just trial and error. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way. Welcome to EBN and so glad you joined.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have nothing to add I'm sorry but you have been given excellent advice and Welcome to EBN. I too have twin girls mine are 9 will be 10 in October.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome3: to EBN ... the dermatologist tested him and said he is allergic to you? hope things get better or at least settle into a comfortable zone, keep us posted :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.