Hello from June and I :)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself! We pick up our sweet bully baby June in 11 (very long) days... not that anyone's counting :D
I am already obsessed and we haven't even brought her home yet... I can't even imagine how awesome it will be when we finally get her.
I have already learned so much from this site, and can't thank each and every one of you enough for all the great information you've proved for not only a new bully mom, but a new dog mom in general.
Question for ya'll: Is there 1 specific item or piece of knowledge you wish you'd had before getting your bully? Like something you know now that you wish you'd known then? Any advice is highly appreciated!
I promise to post lots and lots of pictures of our girl! I've been snooping around a little for the last few days and all of your pups are so darn CUTE! I love all of them!!!

Thanks again,
Sam and June :heart:

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 134

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations on your baby girl...what a cutie pie!

And welcome to EBN, great place to be as you've found out.

It will be so enjoyable watching June grow up...GOD bless!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Congrats and :welcome: to the site. For me I thought I knew a lot about bullies before I found this site and brought my baby home 3 weeks ago. I was wrong. There is so much information here from health, food, training and advice from others that it can be overwhelming, but you will get the hang of it sooner or later. I recommend reading the articles that are on the left hand side of the home page as it has a truckload of invaluable information!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Welcome to the site! Your baby is a cutie! There are so many things I'm glad I learned about in caring for my bully and I'm still learning! Giving her a really good food was something super important I learned, as well as really understanding that with this breed anything can happen and to be prepared. The list of 35 things to have on hand is invaluable.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: We got Amelia with no real notice so were not at all prepared for a new puppy that day. But the one thing we did get that very night was a crate. I learned about crate training years ago and would never want to try to have a puppy without one ever again. Eventually she will have the free reign 24 hours that HRH does, but once she's old enough to be trusted not to hurt herself or do major damage to things during those times when she can't be watched.
We all have those times when we are busy, or need to leave the puppy at home when we have to run errands or go to work etc... and a crate makes it so much easier to have a safe place to put the puppy for them.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Congrats and :welcome: to the site. For me I thought I knew a lot about bullies before I found this site and brought my baby home 3 weeks ago. I was wrong. There is so much information here from health, food, training and advice from others that it can be overwhelming, but you will get the hang of it sooner or later. I recommend reading the articles that are on the left hand side of the home page as it has a truckload of invaluable information!

Thanks @marinie91 that is what I was going to suggest too!

:welcome: looking forward to meeting June officially in 11 days.... long days.... and don't forget to share pics with us too!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
​Welcome Home! :) So happy you found us and June is just gorgeous! I bet you are so excited. I guess my advice would be..just enjoy her. Every puppy puncture wound and ankle attack! They are such a joy and you are about to find out why we are all Bully Nuts! :ROFL:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Omg how exciting! Welcome to the family! Only things can say, that you have probably figured out if you have been nosing around.... Food is most important. Took me a long time to learn that. Lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:welcome3: We got Amelia with no real notice so were not at all prepared for a new puppy that day. But the one thing we did get that very night was a crate. I learned about crate training years ago and would never want to try to have a puppy without one ever again. Eventually she will have the free reign 24 hours that HRH does, but once she's old enough to be trusted not to hurt herself or do major damage to things during those times when she can't be watched.
We all have those times when we are busy, or need to leave the puppy at home when we have to run errands or go to work etc... and a crate makes it so much easier to have a safe place to put the puppy for them.

Agree 1000 percent. Yes. One thousand. LOL Bea was the first pup that I crate trained -- as Cesar Millan suggests it -- and despite my reticence to "put my dog in a cage", I followed his philosophies to the letter -- which included crate training. BEST DECISION EVER.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome3: Sam and June to EBN, what an ador-a-bull little girl June is you are going to have so much fun with her, and I agree with [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] about the crate training.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... We were fortunate to be very involved with EBN before we got Princess Amelia. So my advice is to read, read, read because there is a wealthy of info here to learn from. That is the purpose of EBN, to help people to acclimate to being owned by a bully. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to you and your sweet little girl!

My food knowledge... wish I had that 9 years ago when we got our first bully. You will get all that here -- read the articles and food recommendation listing

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.