Howdy from Arkansas!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome, Crystal, Dahlyla, Bella, Joker, and Rayne. Dahlyla is precious, I kept reading the post and looking for the (e), (i), (e), (i), (o) at the end, but must have missed it lol. I know you will love it here, and will fit right in. The pictures are AWESOME !! and I loved them. I know I'll be looking for your posts, and I hope you'll share some of your tips with us.Now I'll share a little story with you, lol. I was living in Florida, and always enjoyed the Beretta series that use to show on TV as I was a kid. The Talking Cockatoo he use to have on his shoulder was precious !! I told some friends the same thing living in Florida, and one of my co-workers had a Mulucan Cackatoo, free to a good home, I just had to come and get his cage, and I could have him. Wow !! I thought, so I asked, can he talk, Obviously the answer was "Yes" in broken sentences etc. Wow again I thought, So I went to his home, How lucky was I right?? thinking the Cockatoo would mix right in with my Cocker Spaniels I had at the time. Anyway, my buddy, and two other friends helped me load his cage in the back of my Pick-Up, no joke, it was 4' X 4' with stand was 6' Tall. It wasn't a cage at all, it was a Jail, with miniature bars coming down, I laughed wondering, just how bad this poor Cockatoo could be, I mean come on, Right?? Under the dark of Sunset, a few of my other friends, gave me a hand, we unloaded his Jail, and got it inside, having to dismantle it, and put it back together again. Sonny was the Cockatoos name. It probably took Sonny all of a couple of 2-3 weeks to come alive, but finally he did. Every night I came home from work, he would hang upside down in his cage, and scream "I'm an Eagle", "I'm and Eagle" and because of his loudness, I would tell him, You aint done it, Your a Buzzard, Your a buzzard lol. So this went on for a couple of more weeks. Then abruptly one evening, I pulled up in my driveway, just getting home from work, to 4 Police Cars, and Police walking all around outside my house, flashlights in hand, shinning through my windows, I sorta kinda was intimidated by the whole experience, but these officers were nice enough to help me out of my car, lay me gently on the ground, spread eagle, as they frisked me, and grabbed my car keys, I was stunned !! Being a former Law Enforcement Officer, knowing to keep my mouth shut, and somehow get to the bottom of what the problem was, Now that was my strategy. Finally the Officers stood me up, and asked if anyone lived with me, I said no !! at the time I lived alone, They further asked me if I had anyone visiting me, again, I stated the obvious, I just got off work, and had no clue why anyone would be in my house other than my Dogs, not thinking to mention the Cockatoo, as he was a new pet. The officers asked if I minded if they searched my premises, I was like Hell No, no problem at all, I've got nothing to hide, They quickly presented me with a consent to search form, and as Quickly I signed it. We all walked in together, Sonny of course expecting me to be there, I waited for him to start his "I'm an Eagle" Chant, but even he took the fifth for the moment, while the officers searched my home, They were puzzled, I asked if they wanted to explain their actions to me, their complaint, their helpfulness in getting me out of my car, Just about that time, Sonny screamed, "Here comes the Judge" all flashlights went directly on Sonny, and they started laughing. Evidently my friend had a Grandmother with dementia, and all day long before she passed away, she screamed "Help" - "Please somebody Help Me" Sonny had it down pat, voice and all !!! The Coacoa Police, and Brevard County Sheriffs Office explained to me, they had this complaint from 2-3 neighbors, and everytime they approached the house the screams silenced, and just about as aggrevated as they were, I pulled up in the driveway. They were quite relieved I didn't kidnap anyone, wasn't a serial killer, or anything bad, One of the officers asked me what my Cockatoo's name was, and I replied "DINNER" They left, and made notations of my Cockatoo, the next day, my friend and I had a heart to heart talk, my snsation of wanting to be a bird Owner was fulfilled, the desire was gone, and it's the only pet I ever owned that I felt no remorse in returning !! Wow, when you said you had a bird that talked, I turned red all over, remembering Dinner was probably still in the oven!! lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome, Crystal, Dahlyla, Bella, Joker, and Rayne. Dahlyla is precious, I kept reading the post and looking for the (e), (i), (e), (i), (o) at the end, but must have missed it lol. I know you will love it here, and will fit right in. The pictures are AWESOME !! and I loved them. I know I'll be looking for your posts, and I hope you'll share some of your tips with us.Now I'll share a little story with you, lol. I was living in Florida, and always enjoyed the Beretta series that use to show on TV as I was a kid. The Talking Cockatoo he use to have on his shoulder was precious !! I told some friends the same thing living in Florida, and one of my co-workers had a Mulucan Cackatoo, free to a good home, I just had to come and get his cage, and I could have him. Wow !! I thought, so I asked, can he talk, Obviously the answer was "Yes" in broken sentences etc. Wow again I thought, So I went to his home, How lucky was I right?? thinking the Cockatoo would mix right in with my Cocker Spaniels I had at the time. Anyway, my buddy, and two other friends helped me load his cage in the back of my Pick-Up, no joke, it was 4' X 4' with stand was 6' Tall. It wasn't a cage at all, it was a Jail, with miniature bars coming down, I laughed wondering, just how bad this poor Cockatoo could be, I mean come on, Right?? Under the dark of Sunset, a few of my other friends, gave me a hand, we unloaded his Jail, and got it inside, having to dismantle it, and put it back together again. Sonny was the Cockatoos name. It probably took Sonny all of a couple of 2-3 weeks to come alive, but finally he did. Every night I came home from work, he would hang upside down in his cage, and scream "I'm an Eagle", "I'm and Eagle" and because of his loudness, I would tell him, You aint done it, Your a Buzzard, Your a buzzard lol. So this went on for a couple of more weeks. Then abruptly one evening, I pulled up in my driveway, just getting home from work, to 4 Police Cars, and Police walking all around outside my house, flashlights in hand, shinning through my windows, I sorta kinda was intimidated by the whole experience, but these officers were nice enough to help me out of my car, lay me gently on the ground, spread eagle, as they frisked me, and grabbed my car keys, I was stunned !! Being a former Law Enforcement Officer, knowing to keep my mouth shut, and somehow get to the bottom of what the problem was, Now that was my strategy. Finally the Officers stood me up, and asked if anyone lived with me, I said no !! at the time I lived alone, They further asked me if I had anyone visiting me, again, I stated the obvious, I just got off work, and had no clue why anyone would be in my house other than my Dogs, not thinking to mention the Cockatoo, as he was a new pet. The officers asked if I minded if they searched my premises, I was like Hell No, no problem at all, I've got nothing to hide, They quickly presented me with a consent to search form, and as Quickly I signed it. We all walked in together, Sonny of course expecting me to be there, I waited for him to start his "I'm an Eagle" Chant, but even he took the fifth for the moment, while the officers searched my home, They were puzzled, I asked if they wanted to explain their actions to me, their complaint, their helpfulness in getting me out of my car, Just about that time, Sonny screamed, "Here comes the Judge" all flashlights went directly on Sonny, and they started laughing. Evidently my friend had a Grandmother with dementia, and all day long before she passed away, she screamed "Help" - "Please somebody Help Me" Sonny had it down pat, voice and all !!! The Coacoa Police, and Brevard County Sheriffs Office explained to me, they had this complaint from 2-3 neighbors, and everytime they approached the house the screams silenced, and just about as aggrevated as they were, I pulled up in the driveway. They were quite relieved I didn't kidnap anyone, wasn't a serial killer, or anything bad, One of the officers asked me what my Cockatoo's name was, and I replied "DINNER" They left, and made notations of my Cockatoo, the next day, my friend and I had a heart to heart talk, my snsation of wanting to be a bird Owner was fulfilled, the desire was gone, and it's the only pet I ever owned that I felt no remorse in returning !! Wow, when you said you had a bird that talked, I turned red all over, remembering Dinner was probably still in the oven!! lol
Omg, you NEVER run out of stories do you?! :LMAO:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Welcome Crystal & Dahlyla she is a real cutie ❤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

arkiebullymomma

Jul 8, 2013
Northwest, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dahlyla
I can totally see my bird doing that...LOL. Right now he just tells guests "don't $#*+ in the floor!" He's a mess....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can totally see my bird doing that...LOL. Right now he just tells guests "don't $#*+ in the floor!" He's a mess....

:rofl: that is good sh*% right there. :laugh:

:welcome3: Dahyla is a cutie !!

OP
A

arkiebullymomma

Jul 8, 2013
Northwest, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dahlyla
Here's the little turd.... :) I've threatened to have roast African Grey for dinner more than once! Some of his other favorite things to do are; mimic the smoke alarm, quite convincingly, make the dogs break their down stays, then laugh when they get in trouble, scream "bacon" for 20 minutes straight every morning at 6:00, call the cats, meow like a cat, call the dogs, bark like a dog, growl at me when I vacuum, say f*** off when you speak to him while he's pouting, throw food at me if it's not what he wants, mimic the birds outside, mainly the annoying ones, eat out of my popcorn bowl, drink out of my water glass... The list goes on and on. He can be a real pain in the @$$.

2012-02-18_17-51-41_318.jpg

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)

Bahahahaha :ROFL: That is hilarious *tears falling down my cheeks laughing*

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I've thought I've had an interesting life. An old friend told me I needed to write all these stories down for future generations. Hahaha, life's never boring in my world roflmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Omg you totally should!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So would I

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Here's the little turd.... :) I've threatened to have roast African Grey for dinner more than once! Some of his other favorite things to do are; mimic the smoke alarm, quite convincingly, make the dogs break their down stays, then laugh when they get in trouble, scream "bacon" for 20 minutes straight every morning at 6:00, call the cats, meow like a cat, call the dogs, bark like a dog, growl at me when I vacuum, say f*** off when you speak to him while he's pouting, throw food at me if it's not what he wants, mimic the birds outside, mainly the annoying ones, eat out of my popcorn bowl, drink out of my water glass... The list goes on and on. He can be a real pain in the @$$.

View attachment 48113

:ROFL2:
Beautiful bird tho :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online